CHAPTER 26

"Get up! It's training time!"

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I hadn't talked to Kylo at all on our way back to the base after his comment. We parted ways to our rooms without looking at each other. I was kinda hoping he would over sleep or forget training. I didn't want to see him. I pulled on a lang sleeved shirt and some jeans then tied my hair up with a ribbon I had found. I opened to door and saw Kylo's frowning face.

"You're going to get wrinkles if you keep frowning like that."

Kylo's face softened and he began walking down the hall, I trailed behind him.

"I made something for you."

We sat down on two of the chairs in the training room.

"You made something for me?"

He nodded, then pulled his lightsaber off his belt- no, that's not HIS lightsaber. It didn't have the two bits on the sides for his two extra blades. It was a slick, jet black hilt, beautifully crafted. He held it out to me with two hands. I reached my hand out to take it but he moved his hand back and looked into my eyes.

"Listen. You need to be careful with this. You could really hurt yourself if you're not careful."

"I know. That's why you're here to train me, remember?"

He let out a long exhale, then handed me the lightsaber. It was warm in my hand, it felt right. Unlike when I had held Kylo's, it genuinely felt like it belonged to me. I could feel the emotion it was made with, the care, the gentleness of the hands that crafted it. 

"You made this for me?"

"Are you going to turn it on or not?"

I ignited the lightsaber and felt that same jolt of energy through my arm as before. The red blade radiated heat onto my face and it seemed to vibrate in my hand. 

"Kylo... it's beautiful."

I swear I saw the corners of his mouth curl ever so slightly.

"Now you just have to learn how to use it."