CHAPTER 21

I wanted to go home. I wanted someone from the Resistance to bust in here and save me. I wanted all my stupid feelings to go away.

"He's a terrible person."

I reminded myself.

"Don't be fooled by his pretty packaging, he's rotten inside."

Still, I couldn't get that damn smirk out of my mind. I sat up from the bed and swung my legs over the side. I buried my head in my hands and rubbed my face.

"I'll just take a walk. A walk will make me feel better."

Who was I even talking to? Maybe I'm going crazy...

I slipped on some pants and shoes, then made my way down the quiet halls. It was so much quieter at night. The only sound I heard was the pit-patting of stormtroopers marching around. I looked down at my feet and concentrated on slowing my heart rate. It was racing, 100 beats per minute it seemed.

"You need to calm down."

I whispered to myself.

"Get him out of your head, get him out!"

I suddenly bumped into something very tall and dark.

"What are you doing out of bed?"

Asked the deep, robotic voice of Kylo Ren.

"I couldn't sleep."

I answered.

"Why?"

I raised my head.

"I... why are YOU out of bed?"

"I couldn't sleep either."

"Why?"

He started to walk away from me, but I followed him. He stopped at the door to his room and turned to look at me.

"Why are you following me?"

"I don't know, I'm bored."

He sighed.

"Alright, come in."