The Gap Between Us

Indigo's pov:

It won't work. It couldn't work. It wouldn't be good at all. It can't happen. As much as it pained me to even think it, I knew it would never happen. It simply couldn't!

He was younger than me, and a student in my school! I knew I was probably the youngest principal that has ever worked here, but I'm still older. I have responsibilities! A relationship with a student would not be good for business. It wouldn't be good for him! He would probably get bullied by it, and I could loose my job. There is no winning in a game like this. 

I know Fathom and I dated once, but we were younger. Now we're adults, we need to put the past behind us and keep it there. Why is this so frustrating!? Did I even still like him? I don't know. Do I deserve his love? Probably not. I left him, he couldn't want me again. What am I saying!? I don't want him! I won't want him because I can't.

I finally left the school an hour after the home bell had gone, the silence a little surprising for a place like this. I walked through the halls and out into the front of school, walked a little while, turned a corner,  walked a little longer and finally got to the staff parking. I pulled out my car keys and unlocked the vehicle, opening the door and resting on the driving seat, placing my hand bag on the passenger seat.

I slid the keys into the keyhole and turned it, causing the car to roar to life and vibrate around me. I pulled out of the car park and began the short drive to my house.

God why is my life so hard. I had so many things that were happening, such as dealing with my damn job and now this. Why of all places he could've moved to, it had to be here? I mean, I don't mind that much, I'm glad I got to see him again, but it's just so hard to focus on other things now that his here, not to mention its pretty awkward. 

Even Darkstalker's here for goodness sake, and they're brothers! Well, Fathom is his adopted brother, but still, his part of their family. But Darkstalker's not so bad, at least Clearsight has him. Or is it the other way around? I knew Darkstalker had a crush on Clearsight for ages, it was pretty obvious. But when I saw Clearsight moving in, I felt happy to see her, but horrible she had left the boys as I did once. It was truly a regretful moment. 

I stopped at a red light and rested a little, my brain hurting from all these damned thoughts. Was it possible for Fathom and I to have another relationship, the relationship I had missed so much? Probably not, I was older than him and his principal for gods sake.

Who cares!?  Part of me screamed, Who gives a damn what others think, for all I care they can go fu~

My thoughts were rudely interrupted by honking behind me. I looked up at the lights to see them green. I rolled my eyes, putting my hand out the window and flicked my middle finger at the car behind me before driving again. I smirked at the shocked and angry reaction from the person behind me as I looked at the review mirror. 

I hit the acceleration and took off, causing a loud vrrrrrrooooom!  I slowed down a little before I got myself pulled over by the police, and continued at the speed limit. I drove a little while longer before I finally found my street and turned into it, then parked in my driveway.

I turned off the car, grabbed my bag and opened the door, then walked quickly to the front door so I could just relax already. Once I had unlocked it, I pushed it open and threw my bag on the couch. I walked over to my massive fish tank and saw my best friend in the whole world.

"Heey Blob! Did you miss me!" I said in a baby~ish tone, crouching down pressing my face up against the glass. He just wriggled his tentacles a little in response.