A New Friendship

Was it a mistake made by an angel?
Or a deep kiss?

Haneul went to the canteen and she searched for Soojin. But she was nowhere to be found.

What was I even hoping for?

Haneul thought as she sat down on an empty table.

Soojin came to see her and sat down. "Sorry I'm late. Ms. Jung gave us an extra classwork."

"Yes,I understand. She does not understand the concept of breaks."

"Oh my god,you're so right."

"She's like Ross Geller."

"So you're a Friends fan."

"Yes."

"Girl,same here."

"Who's your favourite character?"

The conversation went on as they were discovering their mutual interests. Haneul and Soojin were both outcasts due to their wealth. Soojin came on a scholarship and her family was not wealthy. She could relate to Haneul for this very reason.

Days passed by with Soojin and Haneul being best friends. Haneul's mom was now struggling with bills and Haneul wanted to help.

"Soojin,I want to help my mom."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"She's struggling with bills."

"You know what? My boss is looking for another part timer at the cafe."

"Really?"

"The shift starts from 4 to 8pm."

"I don't know,dude. My mom probably won't allow this. I can not travel here from my house 3 times a day."

"You can stay at my place. Freshen up, eat lunch,do homework and then go to work."

"That's a good idea."

Haneul's eyes sparkled at the idea. She took the bus and did her homework excitedly only to get scolded by her mom as she heard her idea.

"Do you think I would let you go alone at night?!"

"Trust me, mom. I'm not a child anymore."

"You're still my baby and I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Mom...trust me when I say this. I can handle myself better than you think. I can buy pepper spray if you want and keep it in my bag."

"That's a good idea but it won't stop me from worrying about you."

"It's okay. I'll still do this job to help you."

"My baby has grown up so much now."

She hugged her daughter tightly.

Haneul went to the interview with Soojin. It was a rather unpopular cafe with little to no customers. Majority of them were men. She looked over to the counter where she saw a woman in her 20s. She had bangs and she looked so beautiful in just a blue oversized sweater and sweatpants. She came up to them smiling.

She looked at Soojin and asked, "Is she your friend?"

"Yes."

"Hi,Haneul. I'm Haesoo. No need for an interview. You're in."

"W-What?"

"You're in. Your shift starts from tomorrow."

Haneul was startled by her nature. Soojin was also taken aback by this. Haneul said, "Okay,ma'am."

"No need to call me ma'am. Call me Haesoo."

"O-okay."

Haneul was surprised at how things had turned out.

How the fuck did I get it so easily?

She thought as she walked to the bus station.

Soojin asked Haesoo why she gave Haneul a job too easily when she always thoroughly checked and picked her employees.

"She's gonna be hardworking. I could see how desperate she was to get this job. And I trust you, Soojin. You've been with me for 2 years."

"Thanks. You're so freaking cool."

"I know."

Haneul was also thinking that she was too cool. She got off the bus as she was wondering this. She could not wait to go to work the next day. She walked in the park for a while and went home.

Little did she know that someone was watching her. Jin watched her and he was trying to dig up something about her. She was a special case but could she be her?

He did not want Taehyung to know anything about her but Taehyung found him away. He just injured himself by getting a small cut. Jin came right away.

"Heya Jin."

"I thought something major happened."

"Yes." He showed his slightly bleeding finger.

"Is it a trick to get me?"

"Jin, I need to utilise my half human self that experiences physical pain."

"Sometimes,I wonder if you're actually an angel."

"I'm not. At least for now. I can experience physical pain unlike you all. I don't have any powers except that I can see other's future."

"You can be counted as a 1300 years old man."

"Yeah" Taehyung chuckled,  "You know this band?"

He said while showing the black band.

"It hurts every night. The pain in my hand makes me sore during the day. I can't even use a spoon without feeling pain."

"Maybe you're being punished for meddling with humans."

"Maybe. But she might be the end of the pain."

"Taehyung, I trust you but I cannot take this risk."

"Please,Jin. I'll be happy either way."

"Okay. Here's her information."

Taehyung gave his boxy smile before saying, "Thanks."

Haneul went to work excitedly with Soojin.

Haesoo gave a smile and said, "Good luck on your first day."

She gave her the name tag and just like that, Haneul was off to work. She met the eyes of a strange man when she bumped into him and spilled hot coffee on him.

"Shit. I'm so sorry. Are you hurt?"

"Nope. But you need to be more careful."

"Yes. I'll be more careful next time. I'm so sorry."

"No need to be sorry. It's not your fault that you're clumsy."

"Excuse me?"

"You're so clumsy. I saw you almost spilling the tea on your colleague."

"Oh..."

She really had nothing to say but damn her ego was hurt.

"I'll see you around."

That man said,smirking.

He forcefully came with his friend but now he had a reason to come here.

He smiled shyly at Haneul who didn't notice him. She was just wearing a grey oversized hoodie and black pants. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun. She was wearing round glasses. She looked so cute in his eyes.

"Yoongi, what are you looking at?"

"N-nothing."