Seven

After a good shower and lunch I head outside to join Sam and Roshni. Despite the last minute mishap at the river, I can still confess that I had a great time with Liam. I wouldn't hesitate doing it again—the outdoor sex with my fiancé.

Oh boy! Just the memory turns me scarlet on the cheeks.

"I know I said this before, but I'm telling you once again . . ." Eleanor's voice catches my attention as I near the staircase. I take a halt. "Get to know her. At least try to be friendly with her, Malik. You're charming with everyone but so indifferent with her. Why? Forget she's your fiancée and see her like any other girl."

Oh man! I think they're talking about Roshni. I know eavesdropping is terrible but my late mom has to forgive me because I need to hear this.

"Do you agree with that, Brother?" Malik asks, definitely referring to Liam. "See? Even Liam doesn't—"

"Mother is right," says Liam, cutting Malik short. "You have been too hard on her and she doesn't deserve that treatment. You're both victims here."

I totally agree. Both parties are victims of this arranged marriage. Jeez, it shouldn't be legal, honestly.

"No," Malik murmurs. "I can't believe you're all ganging up on me." I smile. That's typical Malik's response.

Eleanor chuckles. "You don't have to fall in love, Malik. Just be good to her." I hear him grunting as Eleanor adds, "I'm taking my girls out later, so you're on your own about lunch." Her heels echo and I think she's heading out.

"Have you spoken to Elton?" Liam asks Malik and their voices are slowly fading.

"Yeah, and you were right. They're going to keep tabs on us," Malik replies and at last I hear nothing from them.

What a bitch! My subconscious snarls at me, and I mentally shrug.

Sam and Roshni are seated on the front porch when I finally step out. As expected, they start asking about my honeymoon plans, giving me countless suggestions on where I should go.

"You can try a trip around Europe," Sam says, and it's a big no. If I go on a trip to Europe, then it's going to be an adventure—backpacking preferably—and not a honeymoon.

"Well, thanks for your lovely suggestions, Samantha." I sit cross-legged. "I've already found the place I want to go so you don't need to worry," I state with honesty.

After my chat with Liam about his opinion, it wasn't so hard coming up with the place I definitely want to go with him for our romantic after wedding nights.

"If you say so," Sam states. "As long as you're not going to the Sahara." She is probably disappointed but this is going to be about me, so my opinion should matter this time.

Eleanor takes us out and it so happens that today I'm supposed to try on my wedding dress that's already done, according to Ricky—my designer. We start our afternoon at the boutique and I try the dress right away.

A moment later I'm standing in front of a large mirror, as Ricky fastens something at my back. I swear it feels surreal watching my reflection in a wedding dress, something white and immaculate.

"What do you say, Eleanor?" Ricky asks sassily, holding his slender waist that's tied with a white sweater hanging on his behind. Dressed in blue cropped pants and black V-neck, he looks like a proud designer on the Paris Fashion Week runways.

"Wow," Eleanor mutters, her expression awed through the mirror. "This is splendid, Ricky. What do you say, girls?" She eyes Sam and Roshni with pure stun.

The dress is utterly elegant—maybe too elegant I might add. It does fit me perfectly that I feel like a fairytale princess after the magical spell from the fairy godmother.