Eighteen

"To the bride!" The clinking sounds of multiple glasses fills the air, as we make a lovely toast with big smiles on our faces.

"To the long, lasting, and loving marriage!" Sam adds ceremoniously.

"To many babies to come!" Natasha fills in, making us chuckle delightedly

"And . . . to happiness!" Roshni finishes.

"Oh, thank you, girls!" I utter gratefully as we all sip our drinks.

"You're welcome, Mrs. Darcy!" Sam side-hugs me cheerfully and I can't deny that I'm having a blast of joy in my heart.

We're now inside one of the hottest nightclubs in Las Vegas, enjoying the girls-only moment after dancing as though I'm never going to dance again. It's my bachelorette party at last, and we have decided to have it separately from the guys as it was previously planned.

"Aren't we bringing those masculine stripers for her?" Natasha teases and starts laughing right away. She looks stunning in her silver, long-sleeved bodycon dress, her hair immaculate in a ponytail.

"No, please!" I object fiercely.

They burst into laughter.

"Oh, come on! Don't you want to kiss a random guy tonight?" Sam muses.

"Ew, Sam, no! I don't need to kiss any random guy. My Liam's lips taste heavenly and I definitely don't want to ruin it for some one-night-stand kiss from God-knows where those lips had touched before coming here," I blurt after a long chug of my champagne.

Jeez, I definitely don't need that shit.

"You're no fun, Kiki!" Sam reclines back in her seat, catching a breath. Her black swing dress makes her look sixteen until someone hears her talking. As always she's a beautiful creature that can pull about any kind of clothes.

"That I know. All I need is more drinks. Keep 'em coming, baby!" I pour another glass of champagne that's been lying inside the ice basket on the table.

"I think we might want to call Liam here." I overhear Sam whispering, talking to Roshni while staring at me.

"Why?" Roshni chuckles.

"She can get really violent when she gets drunk and none of us will be able to handle her."

I mentally huff. Sam thinks I can't hear her—but I'm very sober.

"Really?" Roshni squints her eyes at me, and I'm busy searching for my phone inside my clutch.

"Trust me, you don't want to see that happen." Sam sighs and suddenly snaps, "We agreed on no phones tonight!" She snatches my phone.

"What the fuck, Sam!" I groan loudly.

"Liam. Really?" Sam utters after checking on the screen. "Can't you survive without him for a few hours, Kiki?"

Do I need to? I'm just trying to know how things are going with him.

"Oh, come on! First you changed the plan without telling me, and now I can't even text my fiancé without being scolded?" I bewail.

"What for? To know if there's a chick sitting on his lap right now?" Sam breaks into a diabolic grin, taming my wildest imagination.

"Fuck, Sam, don't say that!" I down the chilly, sparkling liquid in my glass. Sam and Roshni laugh at my expense, eating the strawberries and green grapes in a large bowl. "I'll beat the hell of whoever sits on his lap!" I wipe my mouth and perhaps I'm getting slowly intoxicated.

"I'll be your sidekick, girl. No bitch should sit on our men's lap!" Natasha states, finally regarding us after throwing her phone back in her purse.

We high-five as she grabs her own drink.