Thirty

"Let's elope from here," Liam whispers in my ear. I blink several times, staring at his grinning face.

God, he looks like a naughty boy right now.

"You mean, now?" I ask.

"Yes, Mrs. Darcy. Enough sharing you with the world." He stands up, impelling me to abandon my glass of water and follow his lead.

Everyone is busy with their conversation, and a few guests have taken their leave already. I'm giddy as Liam takes my hand in his and steals me out of the table. No one notices our secret escape and it's exciting.

Holding the tail of my dress, I start running with my husband. Oh, and the thought of this man being my better half feels like a fairytale. Like kids, we run out of the backyard while laughing jubilantly.

"You're crazy, Liam Darcy!" I yell between giggles, the night wind a bit harsh but I don't mind given that I'm still wearing my husband's coat.

"Crazy over you, Kira Jones? That I am," Liam replies and together we cross through the garden heading to the house.

Silence regards us when Liam shuts the front doors. He pushes me gently against the hardwood and starts kissing my mouth as though he's been waiting for nothing but this moment to arrive. I wrap my arms around his neck, mirroring his passionate advancement.

Oh, I love him—all of him.

The repressed fire in our bodies slowly resurfaces, and impatient flames of our dire needs and desires erupt through the movement of our tongues, our breath soft yet ragged by the speed of our heartbeats. The love and lust for each other is mutual.

"You're mine, Kira. Fuck, I can't believe that you're finally mine. My beautiful wife." His eyes glisten with what I'd say tears, if I'm being brutally honest.

He's overjoyed, staring at me with disbelief.

I smile softly, holding his face with my both hands. "Yes. Yours, Liam. As you're mine, too."

This is the best day of my life, I think. God, can it compare to anything I've experienced before? Clearly the day Liam confessed his love for me was special, my engagement day too, but this day has surpassed any other joy. I feel bound to him, legally and spiritually.

"Well then," says Liam while pulling back with a playful sigh. "I believe I've earned my rights to do this?" Swiftly, he scoops me up in the air.

"Woah!" I squeal with high pitch, falling bridal style into his strong arms that make me feel as light as a feather. "Liam!" I'm giggling like a baby, eyes on his placid face.

"Let's get you to our bedroom, Mrs. Darcy, shall we?" Gentle in manners, Liam stalks toward the staircase. Our eyes are locked amorously and a shy smile crosses my face. "What?" He grins when I hide my face into the hollow of his neck, cheeks flushed in scarlet.

It's only our first night as a married couple, but strangely it feels like my first time being with him. The butterflies in my stomach, the heat of desire, and the flakes of love take me heights as my husband climbs the stairs with his beautiful blue eyes focused on mine.

The minute we enter our bedroom—which was previously Liam's—his lips seize mine once again. I grip his neck tightly as we deepen the kiss, and slowly he lays me on the bed. I'm panting softly, and he pulls back for a minute, taking his time watching me through the moonlight.

"I'll never get tired looking at you, Kira," he breathes while stretching his hand toward the bedside table after sitting next to me. I get lost in his aphrodisiac gaze until the golden light of the lamp bathes the bed area.