Thirty-five

The ocean is singing a soothing song of crashing waves, as my husband and I take a walk on the beach. Cold and wet sand tickle my bare feet, and the salty water washes its trace as the waves rise and falls. I love this moment—the stars shining above the island, and the fireworks in my heart bloomed.  

Suddenly Liam lifts me up onto his shoulder. "So, what will you do if I drop you in there?" he demands in a teasing manner.

I squeal gleefully. "I swear if you do, you're coming with me, Liam!" I warn, partly excited because I feel like he's not bluffing. "You know I don't mind getting wet right now, do you?" I add, hoping to tame him.

Frankly, I'm not in the mood to swim right now. In fact, I don't feel well. I just want to sit somewhere and watch the night. 

"Oh, I do not mind you getting wet either, baby. You do know that, don't you?" Liam giggles.

I frown. Are we talking about the same thing here? Gosh, he can be vulgar.

"I'm talking about getting soaked in the water, Liam. What are you thinking of, you pervert?" I slap his arm, laughing heartily.

"I'm pretty sure it's you who's imagining something obscene right now." He's laughing along, his eyes as shiny as the bright moon above. "Come. Let's sit over there. I know you fancy swimming, but I'm very concerned about your health lately. How are you feeling? Speaking of which." He leads me toward the dry sand.

I'm not feeling as horrible as I've been feeling this morning, but I can't say I'm perfectly okay. But I don't tell my husband.

We sit down on the sand, facing the ocean. The resort is a little behind us, hence we can hear some music coming from there.

"I'm fine. Don't worry," I reply while laying back on the sand, feeling lazy.

Gently, Liam mirrors my posture. He's smiling as he asks, "Have you ever slept in an open space like this?" He crosses his arms behind his head, and I find my pillow on his chest. 

"Um . . . not really. I did some camping back in highschool and college, but not sleeping outside. Plus, I highly doubt that I can pull a night like this—as beautiful as it may be." I chuckle.

Liam smiles, but he says nothing. We stay silent for a few minutes. It's peaceful, but I can't keep my hands to myself. Being a decent woman when I'm alone with Liam is apparently a very hard bargain. I always want more than just doing nothing.

I gaze up at him, and he stares back at me. He huffs amusedly, probably aware of my scheme. I roll over so I move too close to him until our bodies touch. He lowers his one hand and yanks my neck. It feels warm, and naturally my hand rests on his chest. 

"I know what you're up to, Mrs. Darcy," he whispers.

"I'm glad you do." Tentatively, my fingers skittle through the unbuttoned part of his shirt, trailing smooth caresses on his pecks.

His muscles flex, and his lips reach mine before we kiss each other gently.

"What do you want to do?" he asks, an alluring smile on his face. 

"Um . . . Nothing," I answer innocently, snuggling to his side with a sigh. My sex goddess rolls her eyes.  "Would you like me to do something, though?" My thumb teases his nipple, and fuck I hardly thought that men can be sensitive on that as much as women.

I feel great learning more about him.

"Hmm," Liam hums his consent, eyes shut as I slowly undo another button of his shirt. "Are you trapping me into one of your wildest fantasies, Mrs. Darcy? The beach, the stars, an open sky—just the two of us."