Thirty-nine

Around six in the evening Liam takes me to the restaurant where Malik and Roshni are waiting for us. It's a warm and cozy grill in Knightsbridge, and the smell flying in the air is so succulent that my mouth waters. I figure it's a very popular place, given the number of people and fancy cars parked outside.

Well, I'm here for my friends and food.

"Lightness!" My voice is filled with ecstasy when I finally see Roshni.

"Kira." She storms my way and breezes me into a hug.

"Damn, I missed you, girl." I tighten my arms around her. Liam and Malik share their own brotherly hug—partial and brief—before taking a seat.

"Me, too. And I think I should accept this name wholeheartedly now," Roshni utters with a big smile, throwing a blameful glance at Malik afterwards. "This is all your fault," she tells him as we pull apart.

"Me? I didn't do anything, Lightness," Malik says innocently, holding his heart as though he's highly accused of a certain atrocity.

I laugh delightedly.

Ignoring Malik, Roshni turns toward Liam, who stands up in response. "Welcome back, Liam. Happy to see you again," she tells him.

"Thanks." Smiling, Liam gives her a quick hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Malik. Wanna a VIP treatment?" I put my bag on the table, eyes on the handsome Arab.

He laughs loudly. "You know my stuff, Professor." Saying this, he pulls me into his arms. "You look great. Beautiful than ever." He feels warm.

"Thank you. And you're forever the best." I beam, so happy to reconnect with these two people who are now the only friends I have in this big country.

Done with the greetings, we all grab our seats. It's a table for four—perfect for our number. I sit across from Liam, and right next to Roshni.

"So, how was your trip?" Malik asks.

"It's a honeymoon, Malik." Roshni mutters, and they begin bickering like kids.

Looking at them, both Liam and I laugh softly. My subconscious gives me that knowing look about this royal couple. I think there's an improvement, isn't there?

"Alright. Honeymoon." Malik surrenders. "Was it great?" He elbows his brother.

"Absolutely great," Liam answers. I flush, watching my husband's appeased smile.

We order our food—chips, salad and grilled steak—and my tummy flips at the sight when it finally arrives. Table filled with drinks, we begin eating while keeping the small talk and laughter. I missed this.

"So, how was Maldives? Did you have fun?" Roshni asks me, her beautiful dark eyes so eager to get the juiciest information.

"Well . . ." I flush at the memory of my honeymoon. "It was great. We passed by Dubai and it was spectacular!" I give her the important details, refraining my mouth from spluttering anything intimate.

"Aw, that's sweet. Dubai is awesome. I stayed there for a month or two, so I know the feeling." Roshni forks the chips and stuff some into her mouth.

"And you? How are you? I mean, how are things between you and Malik?" I inquire.

"Good. No problem at all," Roshni replies earnestly. She looks pretty much okay to me. "Oh, maybe boredom. Sitting around all day doing nothing is beginning to get on my nerves," she adds, her voice contemptuous of the fact.

"Tell me about it." I sigh heavily, fully familiar with that damned feeling. "Hey, how about we go out tomorrow?" I suggest with mild excitement.

"Why not? I'd love to explore London. I was eagerly waiting for you to arrive as I know how much you'd love doing that. I seriously miss the Vegas moments," Roshni says.