Thirty-six

It's the first day of November I set foot in London. I'm squealing inside, a smile on my face betraying all the efforts to stay poised. This is my dream come true, my bucket list, the place I've marveled over a million times through the old classics I've read so far, and all the movies I've watched.

This is the land of Shakespeare. 

Heathrow airport is super busy but it's nothing I haven't seen before. Outside it's chilly, the English people bundled in their coats and scarves, moving on and about.  Liam leads me toward a shiny Mercedes in black, pulling the cart of our bags himself. He looks at me, and I look at him smiling.

"Mr. Prescott." Liam regards a bulky and tall man standing beside the car—our ride, possibly.

Faint grey hair, dressed in a black, four-button suit, the man smiles jubilantly as he beholds him.

"Young Master." He shares a friendly hug with my husband. "I'm glad to have you back." His accent is British, too—utterly posh.

"Oh, quit that," Liam brushes it off, a breathtaking grin on his face, and Mr. Prescott laughs wholeheartedly. 

In just a single glance, I can tell how well acquainted they are. My lips curve into an indulgent smile, standing two steps away from them until they finally recall that I'm here. 

Liam takes a step back and pulls me to his side. "She's the lady. My wife." He sounds proud, gazing down at me. 

My subconscious jumps up and down, thrilled and satisfied with everything.

"Ma'am." Mr. Prescott saunters closer, his speaking manners preceding his gallant look. He sounds like a true gentleman. "Welcome, Ma'am." He extends his hand toward me. 

"Thank you." I grin as I shake his hand softly, my mind aflame as it's a bit over the top to be referred to as 'ma'am'. 

Frankly, everything feels over the top at this point—different from my world.

Soon after setting our luggage inside the car, Liam and I slip in the backseat. Fancy cream leather comforts my back, and my smile widens when he gives me his witting look. Mr. Prescott sits behind the wheel, and the car slides slowly from the airport upon his expert command. 

And it suddenly occurs to me that he may be Liam's employee. 

My eyes wander outside, making sure this is definitely happening. It can't be another dream, can it? The city is a clear metropolis, the buildings as old as the history pertaining in their look and structure, a reminder of worldly events that took place in this Capital of England. I love everything I see. 

As I'm lost in the details, I suddenly hear Liam talking. "Yes, notify the board about tomorrow's meeting right away. It will be at ten." His voice is gentle yet menacing, a perfect combination for the imperial aura he exudes right now. 

"Working already," I mutter under my breath, trying hard not to roll my eyes.

I guess I'm getting into real life now.

"And what else?" Still on the phone, Liam leans over upon seeing my seemingly predictable reaction. He laughs mutely and scrapes my lips with his.  

"You're crazy!" I giggle.

"I see. Okay, we shall go through that tomorrow. That will be all." He hangs up, and his attention finds me earnestly this time. "You were saying?" he quizzes in a low and salacious voice.