Twenty-six

Four days have passed since our return to Montana. As far as the wedding preparations are concerned, everything is going almost perfectly, other than a few changes and things to adjust—like decorations and menu. Sending invitations has been done since last week, hence all is well.

After finishing our last meeting with Grace, Roshni and I leave her with Eleanor to continue with other stuff. We head outside for a walk. As a matter of fact I'm really excited about my wedding, but a tiny anxiety is still somewhere deep inside me, and it's impossible to ignore at times.

"Hey, relax. It will be fine!" Roshni chuckles at the long sigh I've just taken. 

"I know, right?" Smiling, I shove my hands inside the pockets of my ripped jeans. We're aimlessly walking around the ranch, the afternoon a bit young and chilly. "Are you sure about going with me later?" I ask her.

"I am," Roshni answers quickly, her eyes admiring the sight of the horses grazing from a distance. Then she looks back at me and says, "Besides, I'll be bored to death if you leave me all alone until the wedding day. It's okay with me, don't worry."

"Thank you." I smile gratefully. The idea of staying in the hotel on my own was a bit off, but now I'm confident.

I just wonder how Liam will take it.

"And what about Sam? When is she coming back?" Roshni quizzes, our steps unhurried.

"Tomorrow, I think. I told her to stay until the wedding day so I'm not sure yet," I reply.

Some time later, I start packing my bag. Liam walks in and shuts the door with a blank face, eyes on my clothes and a few things I plan to take with me. I've explained everything but he's still adamant about me staying away from the ranch. He takes a deep breath and sits on the couch, facing me.

"You're still going?" His voice is curt.

I push the suitcase aside. "Liam, we've talked about this. I'm not leaving the country, I'll just be in the hotel . . .  with Roshni . . . untill our wedding day,"  I answer smoothly, trying not to piss him even more.

"Sure." His face stays deadpan.

Smiling, I abandon everything and join him on the couch. "It's only for only three, baby.  After that we'll be together for as long as I live."

"Yeah, I get it," remarks Liam, sounding indifferent.

"Do you, really? I can tell you're not pleased, Mr. Intense." I part his arms, drawing access to his lap.

"What can I do? You've already made up your mind." He rolls his eyes, unusual sarcasm lacing his voice. I laugh quietly and his arms hold my waist to haul me steady onto him. "Are you really determined to keep your distance from me?"

"Um, yes?" I nod.

"Why?" He narrows his eyes, seemingly confused.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I whisper, "So that you'll miss me terribly."

"Oh?" Liam is somehow amused, his single eyebrow coaxed defiantly at me. "So I will not see you until our wedding day?" he asks, playfully sliding his left hand on my bare thighs through the junction of my little towel.

Damn. I know where it's heading, but I'm sorry to disappoint my sex godess this time.

"Exactly. And it's all because of this!" I slap his hand that's about to touch my strongest point of weakness.

"Come on," Liam laments, laughing at my protest. "One more time." His ardent eyes are intoxicating, but I still need to resist him.

"No, Sir." I stand up right away, laughing along. "You'll touch me only after the wedding."