six.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [혼자]↳ ꒰ 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚 ꒱⠀⠀the phone lit up in the dark room, a glow that went unseen and only felt by the vibration against the wooden nightstand

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [혼자]
↳ ꒰ 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚 ꒱

the phone lit up in the dark room, a glow that went unseen and only felt by the vibration against the wooden nightstand. it was a harsh sound breaking the calmness, and jungkook pushed the thick bed sheets off his head to reach for the phone.

the ringing continued and the small boy whined. all he wanted was the silence to engulf his already darkness, there was only one person that facetimes him at this hour and jungkook isn't sure if he was in the mood to deal with what he had to say.

"that was one ring longer than usual." jin was also laying on his bed, in his own room, the lights off and camera really close to his face.

jungkook just rolled his eyes, but he giggled at his best friend anyways. "someone's clingy tonight. couldn't pick anyone up at the bar?" it was pretty usual for the two to facetime around 3 am, that was usually the time when the older had managed to snag a cab back home from a night out. tonight he wasn't too drunk though, he still knew the boys name.

"jungkookie my child," jin's voice was bright, and he was probably smiling. "i only want to talk to you, not some lousy man that i would only see for a single night."

"sooo..." jungkook trailed off his words.

"okay fine i couldn't hook up, shut the fuck up about it." to anyone else it may have seemed like a rude thing to say, but the younger just laughed and snuggled more into his pillows. jin's vocabulary was always like that, some swears and mildly offensive remarks that were meant to be humorous but could totally be taken the wrong way.

jungkook always had the same response to someone being shocked at his friends crudeness, "if you thought that was bad, wait until his favorite person on drag race gets eliminated." he'd say.

"so what's been up with you?" jin asked the boy. it was normal for them to just talk about their day. usually it was mundane things, but jungkook kept thinking back to lunch and to the guy with the deep voice that somehow seemed to want to keep talking to him.

he just came out and said it. "i went to lunch with this boy." jungkook barely got he words out before his best friend squealed.

jin sat up on his bed and was smiling widely, "bitch you better! tell me everything, where did he take you? what did you order? did he pay? oh fuck was he cute?"

"yes jin, he was adorable." jungkook said.

"shut up." he seemed to catch his mistake, but it didn't matter since the younger wasn't offended much by those types of remarks. "are you happy?" jin asked.

jungkook nodded and switched his phone to be other hand. "it wasn't a date, i don't think so. we just ran into each other."

"you run into a lot of things." jin said.

"we're talking about boys, no blind jokes." jungkook ignored his friends giggles as he got more comfy in bed. his pinky finger was starting to fall asleep as he held his phone for a while throughout the facetime.

jin nodded and did the same, adjusting his phone to lean against a pillow while he held up his head with both palms. "speaking of boys, since namjoon is going out tomorrow can i come over?" he asked.

"you know you can come over if he's here." jungkook pointed out. this wasn't the first time that his best friend tried to plan hangouts while his roommate was out and not present.

but his best friend was persistent, "no way, i'm still mad at him. we could have made it work but he didn't want to." jin's pout could practically be heard in his voice. it's only been maybe a month since the two had broken up, something about namjoon not being ready for a serious relationship. jungkook knew that wasn't the case, he knew namjoon was making a excuse for being too busy always taking care of him. there was rarely a time that the small ravenette didn't feel guilty for being the reason his best friend was now single.

"you guys can still make it work," jungkook said, "someday."

"maybe." jin said. "anyways, tomorrow we need to catch up on drag race. the new season starts on friday and i'm not done going through the runway outfits for you." he said. there was an entire notes section on his phone of queens from the allstar season that jungkook still needed to catch up on, especially since trinity taylor was there and she could lowkey get it, according to the younger.

they also liked to play this new game, which is basically jungkook trying to guess which queen it is based on the sound of the judges reactions and their comments. it was a lot easier than he thought it would be.

"you can come over if you bring hot cheetos."

"i already bought two bags." jin knew his best friend too well.

jungkook smiled, and then he yawned. "i think i'm going to sleep soon." he said.

"yeah it's pretty late." jin said.

they said their goodnights, and after fifteen more minutes the two actually hung up and set their phones away. jungkook laid against his pillows and closed his eyes, it didn't take long for him to drift to sleep. it seemed like seconds before his eyes fluttered open and the only thing telling him in was morning was the slight shadows he could see from the bright sun shining in through the curtains.

jungkook sat up in bed and his arms lifted in a stretch, a pale strip of skin showing his tummy as he did. he was a morning person, he liked waking up and having breakfast and watching morning cartoons. it always seemed a lot nicer to go out in the warm weather and feel the sun on his skin rather than the coldness of night. jungkook blinked and looked over where his window was, he could make out the blurred outline of his curtains covering some of the sun. sometimes he wondered whether it would be better to be completely blind, or if the subtle sight he had now was okay, or if it was just teasing him with what he could still have.

there was a knock on the door, and namjoons voice followed. "hey kook, good morning." jungkook knew he was smiling softly, he could kind of remember what it looked like.

"morning hyung." he said back.

"i have to head in early, i got a morning shift so i could go out tonight." he told him. it was almost rare for the older to go out, so jungkook never stopped him and sometimes had to force the boy to not change his mind.

"no problem, i'll make some waffles and do some homework probably." jungkook said, still sitting in bed and just playing with the corner of his blanket between his fingers.

jungkook heard his roommate say goodbye and leave with a soft click of the bedroom door, and soon the lock of the front door. he then quickly jumped out of bed and tugged on his usual hoodie that he left at the end of his bed. jin said he'd be there tonight, but that literally meant just after noon since he had no patience to wait any longer.

the apartment soon smelled of syrup and waffles. jungkook always treated himself to some vanilla ice cream on top since namjoon wasn't there to tell him no.

the boy sat content on the cushions of the couch, a plate on his lap and his playlist on in the background. he ate until his tummy was full and plate was empty. jungkook leaned back and listened to the songs, soft beats that relaxed his mind and nearly lulled him asleep again. normally he'd sit alone and be okay, a good breakfast and calm morning being all he needed to have a nice day. but this may have been the first time that jungkook suddenly thought of someone else that would have made it better with his presence.

⠀⠀

▁▁▁▁▁