thirty.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [친구]↳ ꒰ 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 ꒱⠀

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [친구]
↳ ꒰ 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 ꒱

the next morning didn't seem to start any better. jungkook didn't 'accidentally' get to forget to leave his window open the night before so the lack of a breeze seemed to make the whole room warmer and uncomfortable — or perhaps it was the body half sprawled on top of his.

oh my god. jungkooks thoughts erupted and he was suddenly half away. who in the hell could possibly be in his bed — but then it hit him, everything from last night at the party and the panic attack and then him.

"jimin?" jungkook whispered, the sick feeling in his stomach just getting more intense as he poked the leg that was thrown over his own, keeping him in place.

"ew gross, no way."

that voice had the ravenette feeling ten times better in a matter of a millisecond, only his best friend being able to fix his mood so quickly. "jin hyung!" he sighed in relief, rolling over to hug the boy sleeping in his bed.

"hey bun." jin laughed, sort of, it was kinda of groggy and chocked since he just woke up and now had a boy laying completely on top of him. "how're you?"

"can we build a fort and never leave it?" jungkook asked. the words didn't actually come out like that, the way they muffled and barely were heard thanks to his mouth being pressed against his best friends shoulder.

jin just laughed again, "i know you had a bad night, but that's not how to solve things." he said.

the smaller one just huffed and pushed himself up and off the bed, finding a familiar hoodie at the foot of the mattress and tugging it on. "i'm not solving anything." jungkook said. there was a stubbornness to his words, even the tone of his voice that jin recognized and just sighed. there were getting no where with this conversation right now. "i'll get the blankets." jin sighed.

a smile broke out on the ravenettes face and he took off, as best as he could, down the hall to the closet next to the bathroom. they kept most of their extra stuff in their, which meant a specific shelf for most of their fort building things. jungkook grabbed the bin off one shelf and left the door open, his best friend coming to get the blankets off the top shelf.

at that same moment namjoon had walked out of the bathroom, and he rose an eyebrow at the male pulling stacks of blankets out. "fort?" he said knowingly. jin just nodded with a hum.

"i'll get the stools." namjoon said, going out to the kitchen and taking the ones sitting in front of the breakfast bar.

the two made it back to the youngest bedroom, the boy sitting expectantly on the floor in front of his bed and going through the bin. jungkook had pulled out the string lights and was doing his best to untangle them by touch — surprisingly doing a pretty decent job.

by the time the stools were set in place, blankets hung over them to create a canopy, in this case a fort for the friends. jungkook had untangled the lights and his best friend helped arrange them around the space while the other male started to hook up his phone to a speaker. the music seemed to resemble the lights, a soft twinkling tone that seemed to float around the small space amongst the three as they laid on numerous pillows and stuffed animals.

it was a galaxy of lights and sounds that drifted around them and took them to a place of serenity — twinkling much like the sunlight shining on the raindrops left on windows from the morning drizzle.

those drops lining the glass and blurring the view of the sidewalk from inside the cafe where the male was seated. a pair of sunglasses hung low on his face and covered the bags that seemed to be sitting comfy underneath his eyes. his mood matched his appearance, but it all seemed relatively calm compared to the thoughts swirling around his head.

now his best friend knew this, this stemmed from last night and to the morning, especially when they agreed to meet. jimin wasn't really excited, but he knew it was gonna happen. at least now he knew taehyung was hungover and too tired to try anything out of anger.

the look said most of it. jimin walked in and immediately felt his friends eyes already on his approaching form. "hey tae." the shorter said as he slid into the booth across from the boy.

"hey jimin." taehyung said. at least he acknowledged him by his name.

jimin wasn't sure if he should say anything first, and staring at those sunglasses were starting to get on his nerves. "so—" he tried.

"how do you know jungkook?" taehyung cut him off. clearly he was starting this off. "i talked about him multiple times and you just pretended? why the fuck would you-"

"dude stop talking if you want answers." jimin just blinked. this was going to get no where if he let his friend just continue to rant and question every interaction that involved the little ravenette. that boy seemed to be everywhere nowadays even when he wasn't physically around.

taehyungs lips formed a firm straight line. clearly ready for answers and not about to interrupt. jimin just waited a for more seconds in case he was gonna speak up again, but he didn't. "jungkook and i knew each other back in busan. we went to high school together."

the other just blinked. high school? he thought.

surely that was even before taehyung had met jimin, that wasn't until later when they ran into each other here in seoul. "okay." was all taehyung could seem to say.

"we kind of lost touch, partly my fault," jimin just shrugged. he was very uncomfortable talking about this, not really in the mood to confront all of his past decisions once again so soon. "i wasn't ready to face him again."

they sat in silence, taehyung simply thinking. "that's why you never wanted to come meet him with me." he said.

his eyes finally decided to look up from the table, little pieces of torn up napkin representing the torn of thoughts in his mind. taehyung watched his friend search for an answer.

"basically." jimin didn't know how much he should tell right now, if this was enough for now and then maybe they could talk more about it later — but also, jimin didn't want to talk about this again. he didn't want to remember how much of an asshole he was to the boy he was suppose to care for. the thought left a bad taste in his mouth.

then he realized his friend had been talking. "i'm sorry what?" jimin asked.

taehyung didn't seem to notice the boys spaced out nature, clearly not fully here anymore. "you must have known jungkook before he lost his sight, since it was more than two years ago."

now the topic just made him even more uncomfortable. "yeah, we were close before then." jimin said.

what was more surprising was the odd feeling that bloomed in the shorter boys chest, a little seed of warmth that grew as the memories pushed so far back in his mind screamed to be seen once again. it was like watching a movie almost, suddenly remembering that a bad action didn't mean that what they both once had wasn't suddenly terrible things — they were good memories, and they made jimin nearly smile now as he sat in the cafe and recalled walks home from school every day that went from opposite sides of the sidewalk to cheeky bumps of the shoulders and song intertwined hands. it was a journey and a time that should be appreciated and held dearly.

jimin nodded, and he seemed to smile for the first time that morning. "yeah, he was great, still is i can tell." jimin said.

so they sipped their coffees, soon sharing another soup and sandwich as time rolled on and their bellies begged to be filled — nothing between the two friends now besides the sharing of a meal and past stories of a boy they both thought fondly of.

⠀⠀

▁▁▁▁▁
sorry it's been a while. mild case of writers block and i hope this update wasn't too bland for you all. thank you for continuing to read my works and feedback is much appreciated <3