eighteen.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [통증]↳ ꒰ 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣 ꒱⠀

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [통증]
↳ ꒰ 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣 ꒱

he made sure to leave at the right time, when he knew the sidewalks would be clear and no one was just now going on their way home from work and adding to the rush hour traffic that always came. taehyung really wanted to ride his skateboard.

he wanted to go fast and feel the wind in his ears and brushing his bangs back. it was the same feeling he liked when he was upset, the rush and sound drowning out his thoughts.

it was the same feeling he liked when he was utterly overjoyed — and fuck, after kissing jungkook, taehyung doesn't think he could be happier. the smile on his face as rode his skateboard down the sidewalk showed this.

the sight may have seemed odd if anyone was familiar with the brunette and usual skating endeavor. ones of bloody knees and brooding looks, all meant to get away.

that wasn't the case now. taehyung wondered when he felt like this last, a burst of energy in his chest and not the usual weight that seemed to make him drown in the days.

he was so in his own mind, not minding the hotness from the sun or the slight pain of his shoe from constantly riding. taehyung was too much in a good mood to remember what he had left back home, the woman on the couch and the child on the floor.

taehyung forgot he had guests.

"hi honey." yoonha smiled once her son came walking in. he kicked off his shoes as usual and the day by door next to his skateboard. taehyung looked down at the boy on the floor and saw a mess of crumbs and blocks.
taehyung frowned.

he walked into the kitchen and pulled out a water bottle from the fridge. the liquid was cold down his throat and he felt it go all the way down to his stomach. taehyung glanced back over at the crumbs on the carpet and the frown seemed to depend. of course he'd end up cleaning it up. he was about to say something, but the open laptop on the table had him pausing. "what did you touch." taehyung left the water on the counter and his long strides carried him to the table in two steps.

"you just seemed stressed this morning," yoonha stood as well but she didn't move away from the couch. "i wanted to help."

taehyung barely heard her answer his question as he looked at the multiple tabs he had left open like an idiot — or not, it's not like he was used to the prying eyes in his own home. "that doesn't mean touch my shit." he said. the hospitals main page was gone and instead the profile of a surgeon instead. yoonha had clearly  been doing her own research.

the woman just sighed. "i don't know why you want to know stuff about surgeons, but there's a lady in my group who's brother is one of the best." yoonha said. "he put a good word in for me and got me into this group and i'm sure i can maybe talk to him-"

taehyung cut her off. he didn't want to hear this or wait for the catch, there was always one. "why do you think this is okay?" he shut the top of the laptop and stared at the woman in his living room. "what do you want from me."

yoonha sighed, her shoulders visibly dropping and the determination leaving like a breath. "i wanted to finally do something for you." she said, and then she walked over slowly. she took out a small slip of paper from her pocket and held it out to her son, a simple business card. "he's one of the best in the latest techniques."

taehyung was hesitant. the stubbornness within himself wanted him to smack the stupid card away and storm out of the trailer — but this wasn't about just him. it was about the small ravenette that seemed to explode in a pretty vision in his mind. god taehyung would do anything to make that boy smile, and maybe this was it. maybe this doctor could do something. maybe this was the moment both of them were waiting for, jungkook finally getting the help he wants and taehyung finally doing something for someone else. maybe yoonha wasn't going to flake so soon.

those were too many maybes. taehyungs glare seemed to intensify, but no matter how stubborn he was, the boy wasn't an idiot. taehyung took the business card and read over it a few times. yoonha simply watched and wondered what was going through her sons mind. certainly not a thank you, but he also didn't push her away immediately so she wasn't complaining. maybe this was a start.

taehyung grabbed his laptop and shoved the card into his front pocket. he had to think somewhere else that wasn't here.

he's not sure where he was going to go. there wasn't many other places he tended to hang out at, since the boy never had a reason to leave his own home. it was too suffocating now.

the library seemed to be the next best choice. the quietness and whole atmosphere seemed to fit the aesthetic he needed. plus no one would start questioning why taehyung was staring so intently at his laptop screen as if he was some student studying for finals the following week. he did not miss those days.

there was an empty table near the middle of the library. rows and rows of shelves lining the sides of the open room where people sat to study or simply read, respectable distances between seats. taehyung considered this as he sat away from anyone else before pulling out his laptop.

it didn't take long to fall into that hole. after searching for that doctors name, it too seconds for hundreds of links and articles to appear on the search engine. "shit." taehyung mumbled under his breath. this dude certainly earned his degree — based on the numerous pages listing awards, accomplishments, and various research endeavors to further understand the branches of neurology and ophthalmology. taehyung was starting to wonder if he was even smart enough to understand anything he was reading. what the hell did he know about eyes and what procedures jungkook needed.

apparently blindness wasn't as simple as not being able to see. there were numerous kinds of eye diseases that resulted in varying degrees of loss of eyesight. taehyung had to sit back in his seat and mentally pause, rubbing his palm down his face. why did he think he could suddenly solve all of jungkooks problems when this has been something the boy has tried to do for two years.

"idiot." taehyung had mumbled to himself again — because he was, and he opened the laptop again and continued to look more into this doctor and his presence in seoul. he had to find something, and it had to be big.

there was no way taehyung would bring this up to the ravenette to raise his hopes if there was a chance of it falling apart. taehyung wasn't going to be another source of let down for the boy, and he definitely didn't think he'd sit in that uncomfortable library chair for that long. but soon the sun was setting and his eyes were hurting, but a small smile tugged on taehyungs lips as he continued to fall further.

⠀⠀

▁▁▁▁▁