eleven.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [개구리]↳ ꒰ 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙜 ꒱⠀⠀the sun hadn't even said hello by the time he had a glass of orange juice and bowl of cereal

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [개구리]
↳ ꒰ 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙜 ꒱

the sun hadn't even said hello by the time he had a glass of orange juice and bowl of cereal. it had gone a bit stale, but his paycheck didn't come yet so groceries weren't able to be bought at the start of the week like usual. taehyung also knew his rent was due soon. there were too many things piling up.

that's why he was currently on his skateboard again, trying to ride down the sidewalks before they got full of people on their way to work or to run errands. he didn't fall this time, the bandaids on his knees still staying to cover the other wounds from the day before. maybe it was the breeze that fixed his mood, or the sound of birds creating a calmness before the busy city woke, or maybe it was numbers that he had already memorized and wonder what he should do with.

if the cafe was open he may have stopped by for a coffee. he still didn't like the stuff, but the company was good. it was too early though, so taehyungs sole hit the pavement and he picked up speed on his board. it was a decent ride back to the trailer park, a patch of dirt on the outskirts of the city, sticking out like a sore thumb when compared to the tall buildings and bright lights.

taehyung picked up his board once he reached the entrance gates to the park, nothing but simple metal wire gates that were probably dirt cheap. everything was like that around here. no one was awake yet, so the male walked quietly towards his home.

the small steps up to the door met the bottoms of his sneakers for the hundredth time, and taehyung opened the door to welcome the darkness of the small trailer. he flicked on the lights and left the skateboard leaning next to the door, along with his shoes that he kicked off. he didn't care if he left things out, there was no one else here to tell him anything different.

at least that's what he thought. the knock on the trailer door told him different.

taehyung had just been getting out of the shower, only a pair of sweatpants hanging low on his hips to cover any tan skin. he lifted an eyebrow and heard a child cry from outside.

he should have guessed it.

"hey treefrog." the woman smiled up at him from her spot down in the dirt, both literally and metaphorically. there was a large coat hanging over her thin shoulders, despite the heat, and her hand rested on the back of a stroller. the small boy sat with a blanket on his legs, a pair of shoes that were untied brushed along the pebbles.

taehyung just stood there, the only thing blocking the newcomers from solace. "what happened." he asked.

the woman looked down at her hand and soon pulled the sleeve of her coat further over the bruised knuckles with bits of dried blood dotting the milky skin. "oh daesung didnt have a good night at work." she said.

"work." taehyung scoffed. he knew his 'stepdad' referred to pegging young college graduates as work. his mother didn't seem to mind, not when he gave her a roof to live under.