thirty five.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [폭풍]↳ ꒰ 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙢 ꒱⠀

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [폭풍]
↳ ꒰ 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙢 ꒱

that night it started to rain really severely, hitting the top of his trailer like a bunch of marbles and rolling down the side like tears. taehyung had his jacket pulled up over his head, running through the mud of the trailer park with an armful of rope and empty gas canister in the other hand.

he opened the small storage compartment under his home, shoving the tools inside before kicking it shut. the rain had stuck his hair to his forehead and temples, temporarily blinding himself as he quickly made his way up and inside the trailer.

yoonha was sitting on the couch with her child on the ground, a handful of legos in one and goldfish in the other. "what were you doing outside?" she asked, seeing her son coming inside soaked head to toe.

"i was fixing ms. mins generator and adjusting the tarp over her husbands motorcycle." taehyung said. everyone around the park asked him for help, given he was a young male with a set of arms that could do work for some cash. he also seemed to have a heart of gold for his neighbors that needed a hand every now and then. especially when ms. min came every sunday after church with a cup of tea and slice of pie to share.

"aren't you a sweetheart," she smiled, "i raised a good son."

he made a face at that, pulling off his hoodie and kicking off the muddy boots by the door. "totally, i had to pick up after you for years so thanks for training." he said to the woman, walking past and to his room so he could change into something warmer. the annoyed glance cast his way was missed.

the water barely turned hot before taehyungs phone rang for the third time. he had ignored it as he undressed, feeling too cold and clammy to look — but then that sweet voice came crackling through the device sitting on the mattress.

it was jungkook, sounding so small and just not okay. "—tae, please don't be busy right now."

that's all he needed to hear before practically diving for the phone, answering it quickly. "jungkook, baby, hey i'm here. are you okay?" he spoke quick, heart beating fast and matching the patter of rain on the trailer roof.

"can you come over?" jungkook asked. the pout was evident even through the phone, and the loud crack of lightning could also be heard. the boy whimpered.

"i'm on my way." taehyung hung up, typically thinking that would be rude but just wanting to get to his baby right away. he grabbed a backpack and packed some warm clothes, leaving just as quick as he came and not even bothering to grab his skateboard.

the water splashed under his sneakers as he ran through the rain, down the sidewalk and already knowing the way to the boys apartment building even in the blinding rain. taehyung was soaked again, his bangs in his eyes but no care in the world as he only thought about jungkook needing him.