thirty one.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [딸기]↳ ꒰ 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙬𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 ꒱⠀

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [딸기]
↳ ꒰ 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙬𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 ꒱

there isn't anything quite like rain. the way it can come down so strongly and keep anyone away from the sidewalks outside, just to fall so dainty and light on another day. the freedom to be what it wants in versions of itself depending on the mood of mother nature. it was a power that not many people felt. certainly not the ravenette, not when he sat there and felt like there was only one version of himself.

he didn't have that freedom to be what he wanted, not with the restrictions given to him.

the knock on the door knocked him from his thoughts, finally feeling how hot the shower water was as it beat down on his bare back.

"jungkook," his roommates voice was strong sounding even through the bathroom door. "lunch is ready."

"okay." the smaller boy managed to say back, enjoying the heat from the water only for a few more seconds before shutting it off. the color of his skin now resembled a light pink, thanks to the hot water, and matched the bath towel he wrapped around himself. it was soft and cozy, much like the clothes he was already picking out in his head.

jungkook really wasn't in the mood to do anything today. it wasnt necessarily a bad thing, he simply didn't feel like doing anything besides snuggle in his bed while listening to some cartoons.

they had to eat first of course, namjoon made sandwiches for the them both with fruit on the side and a bag of potato chips spilling open on a napkin. jungkook quickly changed into small cotton shorts and his usual hoodie.

"what kind of jelly." jungkook asked as he walked out to the table, sitting down in his spot and feeling the cold plastic plate against his fingertips.

namjoon was grabbing drinks for them. "guess." he said, coming around and taking his own seat across on the small round table. he set his glass down and the youngers as well, both filled full with apple juice.

"i don't feel like guessing." the ravenette picked up a piece of fruit and took a bite. the watermelon was sweet and perfectly ripe, tasting good after a hot shower. today was a lazier kind of day, the older not working and the younger not having lessons. they typically had lunch together and then left to do their own thing.

namjoon ate his own meal, eyeing the boy as if that would decipher what was on his mind. "do you want to talk about what's bothering you?" he asked.

"i'm just tired." jungkook bit into the sandwhich. strawberry.

they ate quietly after that, soon chip crunching breaking the previous silence and namjoon winced at the obnoxiously loud sound he was making. but they were just so good.

jungkook didn't seem to think so. he was still nibbling lamely at his sandwich and occasionally deciding to have another piece of fruit taste sweetly on his tongue.

the older got up once he finished, but his roommate sat and sipped at his juice. that boy clearly worlds away lost in his own thoughts — who even knows what those could be floating around behind those blank eyes.

jungkook didn't even seem to show a reaction when there was a knock at the door, just putting another piece of watermelon into his mouth like a monotonous routine. namjoon frowned, but he still turned from the dishes at the sink to answer the door.

he couldn't decide if he was surprised or not, kind of expecting to see him standing there but also not so soon. "taehyung." namjoon simply said. perhaps his voice was a little louder than normal, a partial warning to the young boy sitting inside.

jungkook felt his insides twist hearing that name. suddenly the watermelon didn't taste as good and he wondered if it would come back up again.

"hey namjoon." taehyung said. he was scratching the back of his head, clearly nerves taking over. "can i talk to jungkook?"

the older looked over his shoulder at the ravenette sitting at the small table. he was no longer eating, and he had visibly tensed. "i think that's a good idea." namjoon said, stepping aside and opening the door wider for their guest to step in.

taehyung could already the small mop of black hair sitting there at the table. the big hoodie made him look smaller, sitting so small like a pretty doll.

"hey, koo." taehyung said. he stood beside the table, not sure to offer himself  a seat and simply stand and wait for what the boy had to say after everything. "look, i have no excuses for what i did. i just got so angry and let things get out hand. i didn't think of you first when i should have been-"

"tae." jungkook only had to say his name and soon he had his complete attention. it was like a spell, or some type or stunning drug that had taehyung shutting his mouth and wondering if his name ever sounded so pretty leaving someone's lips. "do you want some fruit?" he nudged his plate over, just slightly, but it was an invitation for the older to sit with him.

taehyung accepted of course, and despite the guilt he still felt, this was at least a tiny step closer to things being better. "yes please." he said, voice deep and velvety as ever. jungkook felt those same shivers run down his spine at the sound.

they shared some watermelon, the chunks sitting prominently against the smaller berries in the bowl. taehyung left the blueberries alone knowing the younger liked those most.

"i know you feel bad." jungkook had said. "but you shouldn't."

it was an odd thing to say — well, that's what taehyung thought at least. right now all he could think about was how fucked up he was for what he did, for not looking out for jungkook and being there when he needed him most. taehyung let his emotions get the best of him, and it affected jungkook worse.

"yes, i should-"

"no." jungkook was determined, or more forceful with his words than usual. it was evident in his tone and slight frown. gosh those lips should never be frowning.

"you heard what that guy said, it hurt." the smaller boy admitted. "and you reacted the way anyone would when someone says something disrespectful to someone you care about. i know you were thinking of me and it was a mess, but the intentions were there." jungkook frowned some more, his head tilted down at his lap and fingertips playing lamely with a loose thread like usual. "i couldn't help but panic a little, but that's just me and you can't help that. i called a friend and got a ride and i should have told you, i'm sorry."

taehyung let him finish, he wished he hadn't. there was no reason for the boy to be apologizing, or frowning, or feeling bad at all. what taehyung couldn't understand was after all that, jungkook still seemed to find the good in him and somehow blame his own self.

"jungkook, please shut up." taehyung said. he meant it in the nicest way possible. "you gotta stop beating yourself up for no reason."

the ravenette just nibbled on his bottom lip, but he finally nodded.

"now come here." taehyung gently reached for the boys wrist, tugging him closer until jungkook was on his lap and arm around his neck.

the two hugged, and a few kisses were left to bare necks or cheeks or chins, any surface they could get their lips on until meeting in a soft kiss. taehyung kept his arms around jungkook a small waist, holding him steady on his spread thighs to support the boy.

jungkook rested his head on the older males shoulder. "i'm glad you came over." he whispered quietly.

"me too." taehyung said, and he reached for carefully, taking a blueberry and tapping it against the ravenettes baby pink lips — just for more to follow as the two sat for the rest of the evening in each other's arms, eating fruit and tasting the sweetness on each other's tongues.

⠀⠀

▁▁▁▁▁