thirty three.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [봄]↳ ꒰ 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 ꒱⠀

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ []
↳ ꒰ 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 ꒱

change is inevitable. whether someone welcomes it or despises the occurrence — change will alter life and push people towards their destiny without notice and without mercy. for those lucky enough to fall into the paths they favor, change is like blossoming spring. the petals and warmth that emerged from an icy hold that seems to suffocate. it's the seed of hope that plants itself in someone's mind and encourages this change to simply grow more.

however, for those that wish the will of change to hold back for another day, they don't see the blossoming beginnings and open hands of hope beckoning them forward into the new world. instead it's a tunnel, too cold and too dark for someone to know what lays beyond. those hopeful hands turn into forceful pushes forward into the change that seems unstoppable.

it was happening. there was no stopping it.

jungkook didn't want it to stop. he couldn't stop himself, from the bouncing steps of excitement to bright smiles every morning and even the sticky note countdown he made despite not even having the chance to see how precious it turned out. taehyung told him though, he always did.

the little papers were scribbled with purple marker, numbers counting down until the day of his consultation with doctor kim junwon.

maybe it wasn't so black and white. maybe some people weren't sure if they liked the change. namjoon seemed to be torn between smiling with his roommate and also stressing over all the what if's. there was so much that could go wrong, but yet this was maybe the best chance they've ever been offered. kim junwon was that specialist everyone would first want to see, but that made it nearly impossible unless your bank account could do most of the talking. that's why jungkooks parents gave up.

the amount of doctors and treatments they went through had taken a toll on them financially. it got to the point where they felt jungkook should grow up and deal with the factors he was dealt in life. such a mature way to simply say giving up.

that week seemed to go by so fast. jungkook had torn off most of the sticky notes to his countdown up on the fridge, and this time he was more than happy to take off the last one. "today is the day!" that may have been the hundredth time he said it and it was barely noon.

taehyung just chuckled at the small ravenette. "maybe you should get dressed." he suggested, looking the boy up and down and noting the pale yellow shorts and oversized white shirt he had worn to bed the night before.

"oh i should look nice." jungkook said, turning to go to his room and already thinking of an outfit. typically he'd be asking his best friend for help now, but it was so last minute. they had two hours before they had to leave and drive further into the city for their appointment.

they were lucky to get one so soon. taehyungs mom definitely had a favor owned to her because it took one call and the doctor was clearing a time to see them.