Chapter 1 We only see each other at weddings and funerals

It was a normal day when I entered my key in the lock and opened the door with two umbrellas on it. I went through the hall.

I was about to go upstairs when I saw my adoptive mother (actually it was a robot that Reginald made to be the nany of the other kids, but after my real family died she became my mother too) with Pogo looking to the paintings of the walls very sadly. I got scared and I asked carefully

'What happens?'

'Mr. Hargreeves is no longer with us'

Pogo answered. Then I started to cry. He insested me to go. That night before I was at one of my friend's house. It was in a near town where I was trying to find work.

I did so because Reginald told me. But of course, it was impossible to find a job if you look like a thirteen-years-old-girl. I should have never left him alone.

In the following days my adoptive siblings arrived. When Diego (number two) arrived everything got a bit tense...

With Luther (number one), with Vanya (number seven) by the way she doesn't have powers what must have been the reason of lots of suffering for her)... Diego has always been like this. Later Allison (number three) found Klaus (number four) looking for Reginald's money in the study.

Luther got us all together in the living room. He said that he thought someone murdered Reginald because he couldn't find his monocle.

'Look, I know that you don't like to do it, but I need you to talk to dad.' Said Luther to Klaus.

'I can't just call dad in the afterlife and be like "dad could you just stop playing tennis with Hitler for a moment and take a quick call?' said Klaus.

'Since when? That's your thing.' Luther insisted.

'I'm not in the right... frame of mind' Klaus replied.

'You're hight?' Allison asked.

'Yeah, yeah, I mean, how are you not, listening to this nonsense' Klaus added.

'Well sober up, this is important' Luther told him.

At that point a stopped listening. I remember that Diego and Luther started to fight. Then in a very subtle way they told us that Luther thought that it was one of us who killed Reggie.

I said 'Ridiculous! Come on, probably the monocle is lost somewhere in the house. That doesn't mean that we killed him! Definitely ridiculous!'

Then I left. The rest followed me a bit later. Klaus tried to talk to Reginald after that. We were all very seriously going around the house when Luther started to play and old song of his and I bet that we all danced and enjoyed untill...

Some strange storm came out or nowhere in the garden. I went there running and I found the rest. There was like a very weird blue cloud or something. A temporal anomaly, kind of a miniature black hole. Then someone fell from it and it closed.

It was number 5. The missing one.

He looked at himself and said 'Shit!' while the rest of us stared at him.

I guess that I was the only one that did it for other reasons. I couldn't turn my head anywhere. My heart started to beat even faster and I had that feeling, like if I was melting deep down in my belly. I had to bite my lip so I didn't smile.

I mean, I did see the painting of him that Reginald had in the living room. And I did recognise that he was damn cute. But I never had a crush on him.

Untill now.

He entered in the kitchen stepping very fast. He asked for the date and he prepared himself a peanut butter and marshmallows sandwich. He argued a little bit with Luther and took one moment to look at us.