Chapter 5. Number Five

When Five sobered up Luther started to make him a lot of questions about the apocalypse. During that the only thing I could do was stay quiet and listen.

'When's it supposed to happen? This... apocalypse'

'I can't give the exact hour, but... From what I could gather we have four days left'

'Why didn't you say something sooner?'

'It wouldn't have mattered...'

'Of course it would. We could've banded together and help you try to stop this thing'

'For the record, you already tried'

'What do you mean?'

'I found you all. Your bodies' I looked to the floor.

'We die?'

'Horribly... You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world'

'Wait, how do you know that?'

'This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you'
He took out the eye-ball and passed it to Luther. Five continued 'Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down'

'Who's head?'

'Like I said, I don't know'

'Well, there's a serial number on the back. Think maybe you could try...' He was cut off by Five who said:

'No, that's a dead end'

I added 'That's what we've been doing the last days. The lab just burned up'

Five continued 'Yeah... It's just another hunk of glass'

Luther handled the eye back to Five. In that moment I heard someone coming to the room. It was Diego. He entered making lots of noise and muttering 'Piece of shit' Then he rised his voice.

He was going directly to Five. Luther grabbed him so he couldn't hurt Five.

'Have you got any idea what you just did? Nope! Let me...! Get your hands of me!'

Then Luther answered 'I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down' And Diego calmed down

'Fine' 'Now, wanna tella us what you're talking about?'

'Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back. He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then at Gimble Brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the academy, looking for him'

'None of which is any of your concern'

'It is now. They just killed my friend'

'Damn... I'm so sorry' I said remembering how happy he was when he left.

'Who are they, Five?' Luther asked.

'They work for my former employer. A woman called The Handler. She sent them... to stop me. Then soon as Diego's friend got in their way, well, fair game'

'And now they're my fair game. And I'm gonna see to it they pay'

'That would be a mistake. They've killed people far more dangerous than you'

'Yeah, we'll see about that' Diego said before leaving through the door.

Then Luther asked Five about more details about the comission. I didn't wanna hear so I went all around the room to see if I could find something to eat or drink.

I found some bread at Luther's left in some cupboards. I guess it was the zone where there should be the "kitchen". I didn't thought of it before, but i felt like if I was starving.