*15*

Shlok felt light on his shoulder when he woke up this morning. Opening his eyes slowly he looked at his side and found Dhwani not there. He sprinted up and looked around as all his sleep was gone by then. Pushing the quilt aside he walked out  to the washroom hoping she will be there. But he did not heard anything from the other side of the door which made it clear that his wife was not inside the room at all.

“Dhwani..” he walked towards the other parts of the home. He stopped at the door of the kitchen. She was all alone and his anger rose as he realized his mom again left her alone though he had warned so many times regarding the issue.

“Mom...” she called still facing her back to the door. Shlok's eyebrows knitted in confusion. “Dhwani...” her heart skipped a beat when she heard her husband. She turned with a apologetic look on her face. She expected what will happen next. Shlok will be angry on his mother again and he will not let Dhwani to enter the kitchen ever.

“Sok” she smiled at him weakly. Shlok who was standing with a serious face could not hold his laughter and roared with hysterics. Clutching his stomach he walked towards his wife who was not understanding what made her husband crack in a second.

Shlok smiled nodding his head as he stood in front of Dhwani and watched her. How adorable she looked. He looked at her amused for some more time. Dhwani looked up at him waiting for his reaction or the reason for change of reaction.

“What were you exactly doing?” he asked softly stepping near her and Dhwani's heart started to beat rapidly. She lost herself in staring him. She did not knew if she would want to see anything other than him right now.

“Dhwani” his calm and soothing voice made her blink her eyes and his hold on her shoulder made the butterflies in her stomach fly. She moved her gaze from watching his hands to his eyes. He tried to read what was running in her mind. But he could not. Because it was not her mind which was making her to act that way ; it was instead her heart.

She moved her hand to touch the sweat droplets forming on her forehead when she felt a grip on her wrist. She looked up again at her husband who was blocking her hand from touching her face.

“You have played enough holi with the dough biwi” he smiled and she shrank her eyes and he moved her hand aside and looked around to find a cloth. Slowly he moved the cloth over her face to wipe off the wheat flour which spread like it was part of her make up kit.

“I asked you something” he stared at her chin carefully wiping it. His finger brushed the skin near her lips and it sent thousands of shock waves all over her spine and she parted her lips.

He then looked into her eyes. “What?” he asked when he found her staring him. She gulped the lump formed in her throat.

“I was just mixing the dough” she pouted and Shlok chuckled nodding his head. Now his eyes moved to her forehead and he wiped the flour off without smudging the vermillion in her hairline and she closed her eyes when he stood still near to her. What was happening to her. Though he was just an inch away from her why was she feeling he is somewhere she can't even see him.

“Did you tried anything other than that?” he asked strictly and she nodded her head  deepening her eyes and he instantly knew she was telling a lie. He stood with his hands on his hips and glared his wife.

She gave him a sheepish smile. She slowly brought her left hand little finger which was cut slightly. She closed her eyes fearing her husband's outburst for her carelessness.

“What the hell?” he grabbed her hand and moved to the water sink in a hurry. “What do you think you are made up of? Steel?” he asked washing her finger. The blood had clotted already but he was anxious over it. “Sok...” Dhwani spoke watching him worrying over the injury.