*18*

Okay before we start with the update I am recently trying to write on different leads.

If you have any suggestions you can let me know of it.

I will be glad to do it.
****.***
Shlok's eyes landed on the table behind him where Dwani was sitting with her head resting on the hands. He sighed as he read the expression of his wife's face. She was sad again. It had become his daily routine to cheer her up before he left for office.

"Dhwani" he turned from the mirror and reached her. She still did not look up at him. "Hey" he stroked her hair and she sat up covering him by his stomach and he continued to stroke her hair.

"What's wrong?" he knew what was wrong but he hoped some day her reason will change. She just turned the other side tightening her grip on him. Forming a thin line on his lips he bent to kiss her hair. "I am getting late Biwi" he whispered and she let him go before shutting her eyes tight.

Shlok lifted her head kissing her forehead and grabbed his bag and walked out of the room. Dhwani was unusually silent today and he did not understood why. Even when she was upset that he had to leave her and go for the office she used to speak but today she did not even sniff.

"Shlok" his mother called while he was in his thoughts and trying to have the breakfast. "Um" he looked up to meet his mother's eyes. "Where are you lost?" she asked and he just nodded his head giving a weak smile. "You know you can share with me if something is bothering you. I haven't given up my position of being your mother" she joked and he chuckled softly.

"I know mom" he simply spoke and continued to have his break fast. "Where is Dhwani?" his father who walked to the dining table asked looking around. "She is not yet freshened up. She said she will eat later" Shlok answered and his father sat in his seat beside his wife.

Shlok finished rest of his break fast in silence and walked out of the home to the parking.

***.****

It was afternoon already and Shlok was looking at the clock again and again. As soon as the clock ticked one o clock he grabbed his phone to dial the number and waited for the response.

His eyes narrowed when there was no response for a longer time. Now his heart started to panic. He quickly dialed his mother's number. "Hello"

"Mom where is Dhwani. She isn't picking my call" he said desperately. "Hold on a second. I will check. She hasn't come out of her room yet" his mother walked towards their room. "Yet? What about breakfast?" he spoke. "I thought of calling you earlier. I had been to your room to ask her about break fast but she said she isn't hungry. I thought she will be out for the lunch at least but she did not come out till now" she said while she reached the door.

"Dhwani" she called opening the door. "Where is she gone?" she spoke while she wandered inside the room not finding her daughter in law. It only increased Shlok's anxiety.

"Dhwani..." she called and heard her voice from the washroom. "Haa mom" she replied. "Why haven't eaten anything still? And why aren't you answering Shlok's calls?" her mother in law asked.

"Mom... I am just taking shower and so could not answer his call" she spoke from the other end which sure relaxed Shlok a bit. "Call him back when you are done okay?" her mother in law asked. "Okay" she answered and her mother in law walked out of the room.

"You just scared the hell out of me you freak" Shlok's mother spoke while she was walking towards her room. Shlok sighed. "I'm sorry okay. I was just worried for her. You don't know how she looked when I left home" he leaned back in his chair.