*24*

Shlok's sleep was interrupted in the night when he heard a bang on the room door.

He narrowed his eyebrows trying to understand if it was happening in his dream. But the knocks were real because he felt Dhwani stirring on  his shoulder.

"Sok... I think mom is calling" Dhwani's rasp voice made him to open his eyes. He had never liked waking up like this.

"Get up Sok" Dhwani insisted. "Ummm" he murmured.

She pecked his lips and he kissed her forehead and got up from his bed moving Dhwani bit aside and covering her with the quilt.

"Yes mom coming" he answered to his mother.

His sleep was flown away looking at the horror on his mother's face.

"Shlok... Ani... " she spoke hyperventilating.

"What happened to Ani? " he  asked wiping his face.

"Suddenly she started to feel pain. I don't know she is just screaming with pain" his mother spoke and her eyes dropped the tears.

"But mom it's just the seventh month. How can she..." he pulled his hair worried.

"I don't know beta. I called Ansh also. He said he will be here soon" she spoke and her hands were shivering.

"Maa... " they heard Anika's cry.

"I will just come" Shlok said walking inside his room to grab car key.

"What happened Sok?" Dhwani rested herself on the elbow and asked him.

"Ani...  She is not good" he spoke while he adjusted his shirt and took the key.

"Bhabi is not well?" Dhwani asked worried.

"Dhwani listen" he quickly walked to her cupping her face. He wasn't sure if Dhwani was ready to witness all this.

"I will be back okay and nothing will happen to Ani... " he nodded his head.

"And baby?" she asked curiously.

"I... " he didn't knew whether he should give her a hope or not when he closed his eyes hearing one more scream from Anika.

"Just be here and take care of yourself till I am back okay. Promise" he kissed her forehead and walked hurriedly towards Anika.

Dhwani sat on her bed pouting.

Ansh arrived when they were taking Anika to the hospital and they all moved in the same car.

Shlok's anxiety was increasing every time Anika screamed.

Anika was taken to the emergency ward immediately while Shlok and others stood outside waiting.

The nurse twice came with a prescription which Shlok brought and handed inside the ward.

He saw Ansh with his head in his hands.

"Hey" he spoke and Ansh looked up and hugged Shlok immediately.

"I just want her to be with me nothing else. I just want Anika" he sobbed.

"Don't worry Ansh she will be fine" while Shlok spoke it he himself wasn't sure about it.

He just wished his baby sister will be fine. He then walked to his mother who was broken and his father was consoling her.

"Why it had to happen with my baby" she cried. "Shhh maa" he consoled her while she hugged him.

***.***