*28*

The Raheja Mansion looked it was alive after ages. The guests arrived and marvelled at the decor of the mansion.

"Hey Ansh" Ansh turned from talking to a guest to a familiar voice.

"Oh my good lord. You finally got out of the freaky island?" Ansh hugged Shourya who smiled widely.

"From when did you start being this sarcastic and dude Maldeevs was fun" Shourya stated.

"Of course for a loner like you its heaven. I was this sarcastic always by the way. Only you didn't get the right dosage of it from last few years" Ansh argued.

"Everything does look like I left it" Shourya looked around the mansion. Ansh offered him a drink but he denied.

"I have to drive" He answred the confusion on Ansh's face.

"It's just normal carbonated drinks dude. It's Pooh Bear's birthday you think I will spare Ashish if there was alcohol here?" Ansh asked and Shourya giggled.

"Oh yeah just went out of mind how protective of a brother you are" Shourya took the glass.

"Protective Zorro" Ansh smiled and Shourya smiled back sipping the drink.

"I though Dhwani will be celebrating her birthday at her in laws place. Not that I am complaining. I wouldn't have been to wish her" Shourya looked at Ansh.

Ansh's muscles stiffened and Shourya immediately regretted asking it.

"Um... "

"Ansh" Ansh was relieved when he saw his father calling him from the other end of the hall.

"I will be back" he excused himself and walked to his father. Shourya nodded his head understanding.

He was left alone and his eyes wandered around.

He still remembered the last time he was in the city. It was the day Dhwani got married.

The day he decided to talk to Ansh regarding his feelings for Dhwani, Ansh told him that Anika his to be wife's brother asked to marry Dhwani and whole family agreed to it. And he was broken more when Ansh said Dhwani agreed for it and was very happy.

Has he ever wished anything than Dhwani's happiness from the time he fell in love with her. No. He hadn't.

The memories stung like the bite of a poisonous bee.

Then his disappointment in love did not let him live and as suggested by his grand mother he moved to Maldives in a hope to cure his broken heart with loneliness.

But suddenly the suppressed pain looked like bursting out of him.

For his own survival he had to leave soon. But he hadn't wished the birthday girl and it would be rude. And worst will be if she finds out he was in the party and went without wishing her she will hunt him down.

A small smile spread over his lips. He gulped the last sip and placed the glass on a table.

He has known Dhwani for all their childhood and teenage. So much that he always walked up to her room any time of the day. But now the case was different.

But he knew he had no intention of anything other than wish her on the birthday and leave the place to save himself the heart breaks. And he knew he was granted them plenty.

Leaving all the hesitance he walked up the stairs to reach Dhwani's room.

Anika who was near the stairs watched it strangely. She knew he was Ansh's friend and her senior also but something inside her was not approving of it.