Chapter 5- The Bifrost

2011, Asgard.

No one's POV:

Destiny, Sif, and the Warriors Three all made their way to the throne room to inform Odin on their suspicions, only to arrive and see Loki sitting on the throne.

"What is this?" Volstagg asked.

"My friends... my sister... haven't you heard? I am now ruler of Asgard." Loki answered.

"Loki, where is Father?" Destiny asked.

"Father's fallen into the Odinsleep. Mother fears he will never awaken again." Her brother answered.

"We would speak with her." Sif said.

The warriors exchanged looks.

"She has refused to leave my father's beside. You can bring your 'urgent' matter to me, your king." Loki stated.

"We would ask you to end Thor's banishment." Sif and Destiny requested.

"My first command can not be to undo the Allfather's last. We're on the brink of war with Jotunheim. Our people must have a sense of continuity in order to feel safe in these difficult times." Loki explained.

The warriors all turned to each other again, not liking what was happening. Based off Destiny's confirmation however, it was true was Loki had said.

"All of us must stand for the good of Asgard." Loki said.

"Of course." Fandral agreed.

The five warriors bowed their heads before leaving the throne room. They entered a dinning room where Volstagg immediately began to eat. He continued eating until Fandral began to get annoyed.

"Our dearest friend banished, Loki on the throne, Asgard one the brink of war, yet you manage to consume four wild boar, six pheasant, a side of beef and two casks of ale." He complained. "Shame on you! Don't you care?!"

"Do not mistake my appetite for apathy." Volstagg argued.

"Stop it, both of you! We all know what we have to do, we're just too damned afraid to do it!" Sif exclaimed.

"We must go. We must find Thor." Hogun decided, while packing healing stones in his pouch.

"It's treason, Hogun!" Fandral exclaimed.

"Not treason! It's suicide!" Volstagg exclaimed, correcting Fandral. "Now shh! Heimdall may be watching. It's said he can hear..."

"Yes yes, we know." Fandral interrupted.

"Thor would do the same for us." Destiny said.

Suddenly, a guard walked into the room.

"Heimdall demands your presence." He stated.

Volstagg stood up and drained his flagon of ale.

"We're doomed." He mumbled.

Destiny turned to the guard.

"Did he say what for?" She asked him.

"He did not." The guard answered.

The five warriors, once again led by Destiny, made their way to Heimdall's observatory, where they were eventually met with the very intimidating gatekeeper.

"Good Heimdall, less us explain..." Volstagg began frantically.

"You would defy the commands of Loki, our king, break every oath you have taken as warriors, and commit treason to bring Thor back?" Heimdall asked.

As always, he had guessed exactly what they were planning. Heimdall turned to Destiny, the oldest one, and the princess of Asgard, who nodded as her answer.