Chapter 46- Final Fight (Part 1)

Warnings: None

2023, Earth.

Destiny's POV:

"Destiny!"

Thor's voice faintly echoed into my ears as I slowly drifted back into consciousness. Once I could see around me again, Thor helped me back onto me feet.

"What happened?" I asked him.

I followed him to a gap leading outside, where I could see exactly what had just occurred. The entire compound and the area around it had been blown to pieces and as far as we knew, everyone else was still underneath there. And the one behind this disaster was siting several meters away from us, doing absolutely nothing.

"That's... not possible." I said as I stared at Thanos before turning to Thor. "You killed him five years ago..."

It then dawned on me, the time travel. Something had probably happened while we were gone. Great. We both stood where we were and just kept an eye on Thanos. He was doing absolutely nothing. I was certain he had just sent someone else to get the stones instead of getting them himself. Eventually though, Stark and Steve emerged from the rubble, also a bit confused.

"What's he been doing?" Stark asked as he laid eyes on Thanos.

"Absolutely nothing." I said.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked.

"Somewhere under all of this. All we know is that he doesn't have them." Stark explained.

"So lets keep it that way." Steve said.

"You guys know it's a trap, right?" I questioned.

"Yeah. I don't much care." Stark said.

"Good. As long as we are all in agreement." Thor agreed.

He extended both of his hands out as lightning and thunder came striking down around him, Mjölnir flying into one hand and Stormbreaker flying into the other. I extended my own hand out and towards the sky, as Lightbringer flew into my hand.

"Let's kill him properly this time." Thor said.

No one's POV:

The four of them approached the Mad Titan who was siting on a rock.

"You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me." Thanos stated. "I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yeah, we're all kinds of stubborn." Tony said.

"I'm thankful. Because now I know what I must do." Thanos stated as he stood up and put his helmet on. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then– With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

Destiny felt the light surge within her, as she was prepared for battle.

"Born out of blood." Steve remarked.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them." Thanos said.

They engaged in battle, the four heroes taking turns trying to hit and/or blast Thanos.

"Okay Thor, hit me." Tony said when he landed on the ground.

Thor summoned all the lightning he could and shot it into Tony back, giving Tony lots of power to shoot at Thanos. Destiny helped out as well, shooting a large beam at Thanos, who blocked both projectiles with his massive double-bladed sword. Destiny focused more power through her staff as Tony stopped firing and moved to the side for Thor to throw Mjölnir into the air and use Stormbreaker like a baseball bat, batting Mjölnir in Thanos' direction. Thanos saw the incoming hammer and grabbed the nearby Goddess of Life by her wrist. Before Destiny could react, she was lifted up into the air and hit square in the chest with Mjölnir. She went flying straight into a rock, falling unconscious after a failed attempt to get back up.

Thanos knocked Tony to the side as well, rendering him unconscious and swatted Steve away with ease before Thor tried to attack. The God's attempt was unsuccessful as he was pushed into a different rock and beaten by the Mad Titan. When trying to summon Stormbreaker, Thanos intercepted it and tried to use it to kill Thor. Before he could, he was hit in the head by a flying object. Specifically, Mjölnir, which flew backwards straight into Steve's hand.

"I knew it." Thor said as he saw this.

Thanos kicked Thor once more before running towards Steve and fighting him. Thor made his way to his older sister and held her closely, hoping she wasn't dead. After some time, Destiny slowly opened her eyes, clutching her aching body as she sat up straight. A look of worry came out when she saw Steve on the ground, his shield half destroyed. Thanos then summoned his entire army. Thousands of different kinds of aliens in large groups. Steve was nevertheless ready to face the army, even if he had to do it all alone. Though before anything else could happen, a yellow-orange portal opened up behind him. Black Panther, Okoye and Shuri emerged from the portal before Falcon soared through as dozens of portals opened up, revealing many forces including Wakandans, Asgardians, Ravagers, and Masters of the Mystic Arts. Destiny collected herself up and got back on her feet, summoning her staff into her hand as she and Thor joined the rest of the army.

"Avengers!" Steve yelled out.

He extended his hand, Mjölnir flying straight into it.

"Assemble."

A/N: Ayy another chapter! Yay!

A/N: Man, the thought of having a weapon like Mjölnir slam straight into my chest and sending my flying unconscious just sounds very painful.....

A/N: I decided to split the final battle into two parts I promise I will complete the second part as soon as possible.

A/N: That's all from me. Peace out, see ya. Bye!

A/N 03/21/2023: The only thing I added to this chapter is that I forgot the Masters of the Mystic Arts that joined the army. Probably because I didn't know what they called themselves.