Chapter 37- Tesseract

Warnings: None.

2018, Somewhere in Space.

Destiny's POV:

"This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman. We are under assault, I repeat, we are under assault - The engines are dead, life support failing. Requesting aid from any vessel within range. We are 22 jump points out of Asgard. Our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here. This is not a warcraft. I repeat, this is not a warcraft!"

We had just about managed to send out the distress signal while being blown up. The Black Order, children of the Mad Titan Thanos, walked around amongst the Asgardians, killing a few along the way.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan.... You may think this is suffering... no. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile... for even in death, you have become Children of Thanos." One of Thanos' children lectured.

Loki stood with the Black Order, glaring at the dark silhouette of the Mad Titan. I hid behind a large piece of rubble, looking around worriedly. This was not what was supposed to happen on the way to Earth.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." Thanos began.

He turned around and grabbed Thor by the neck of his armour, dragging him as he walked towards Loki. Thor struggled feebly, too weak to get out of Thanos' grasp.

"It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say... I AM."

Thanos lifted up his left hand and revealed the Infinity Gauntlet that he was wearing, bearing the purple infinity stone. The power stone. He then grabbed Thor by the head and held him up. He took a scan around the remains of the ark, obviously looking for me.

"You talk too much." Thor commented.

"The Tesseract, or your brother and sister's heads. I assume you have a preference?" Thanos demanded from Loki.

I peered around the corner of my hiding place after hearing the Titan's demand.

"Oh I do." Loki answered. "Kill away."

I whipped my head back out of everyone's sight moments before my head began to hurt intensely. I held my breath to prevent myself from making any noise but I could hear the sound of Thor screaming in agony. It went on for a few seconds before Loki stopped him.

"Alright! Stop!"

Thanos did as he asked and removed the power stone from Thor's head, which eased the pain radiating through my own head, as the Titan took another look around.

"We don't have the Tesseract! It was destroyed on Asgard!" Thor exclaimed.

I glanced back around the corner, in time to see the Tesseract materialize in Loki's hand. I hid back around the corner and cursed under my breath.

"You really are the worst, brother." Thor said.

Loki approached Thanos, holding the Tesseract.

"I assure you brother, the sun will shine on us again." Loki reassured him.

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian." Thanos stated.

"Well, for one thing... I'm not Asgardian." Loki corrected. "And for another..."

Loki paused for a second and looked around the ship, making eye contact with me before looking back at Thanos.

"We have a Hulk." He finished.