Chapter 38- Guardians of the Galaxy

Warnings: None.

2018, Somewhere in Space.

No one's POV:

"What happened?" Mantis asked as the Benetar arrived at the location where the Guardians of the Galaxy had received a distress signal from.

Bodies were floating out in space, and pieces of debris can be seen floating by all over the place.

"Looks like we're not getting paid." Rocket remarked.

The Guardians stared at the mess they had just flown to until suddenly two bodies slammed into the windshield. One male and one female. Everyone jumped back, startled.

"Wipers! Wipers! Get em off!" Rocket shouted.

Gamora and Drax brought the two into the Benetar and laid them down on the examination table, as all of the Guardians stood around them.

"How the hell are these dudes still alive?" Peter Quill questioned as he looked back and fourth between Thor and Destiny.

"He, is not a dude. You're a dude." Drax said, referring to Thor. "This... this is a man. A handsome, muscular man."

"I'm muscular." Quill argued.

"Who are you kidding, Quill? You're one sandwich away from fat." Rocket said.

"Yeah right."

"It's true. You have gained a little weight." Drax added while motioning his chin and belly.

"What? Gamora, do you think I'm..." Quill asked Gamora, who ignored his question and went to Thor's side.

"They are anxious. Angry. They feel tremendous loss and guilt." Mantis stated.

"It's like a pirate had a baby with an angel." Drax commented.

"Wow. This is a real wake-up call for me. Okay. I'm gonna get a Bow-flex. I'm gonna commit. I'm gonna get some dumbbells." Quill decided.

"You know you can't eat dumbbells, right?" Rocket interrupted.

Quill looked at Gamora as she picked up Thor's arm and stroked his triceps.

"It's like his muscles are made of Cotati metal fibres." She remarked.

"Stop massaging his muscles." Quill said.

Gamora dropped Thor's arm, annoyed and Quill looked at Mantis.

"Wake them up." He ordered.

Mantis placed a hand and each of their foreheads and her antennas lit up.

"Wake." She commanded.

Thor and Destiny stood up rather violently and took a couple steps forward, before turning back to the Guardians, who all had their weapons out, ready to attack the siblings if they had to. Thor looked at Destiny, who was staring at the team with an 'I am not afraid of you' look in her eyes.

"Who the hell are you guys?" She asked.

***

Destiny's POV:

"The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal: To bring balance to the Universe by wiping out half of all life. He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre..." The woman with green skin, Gamora, explained.

"Including my own." Drax added.

"If he gets all six infinity stones, he can do it with the snap of his fingers." Gamora continued, snapping her own fingers as a demonstration.