Chapter 39- Lightbringer

Warnings: None.

2018, Somewhere in Space.

Destiny's POV:

"I am Groot." Groot stated irritably while our pod was drifting through space towards Nidavellir.

"Tinkle in the cup. We're not looking. What's there to see? What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig." Rocky replied.

"I am Groot." Groot said again.

"Tree, pour what's in the cup out in space, and go in the cup again." Thor said.

"You two speak Groot?" Rocket asked.

"Yes. They taught it on Asgard, it was an elective." I said.

"I am Groot." Groot asked.

"You'll know when we're there. Nivadellir's forge harnesses the power of a blazing neutron star. It was the birthplace of my staff and Thor's hammer. It's truly awesome." I explained before we sat down.

Everything that had happened since my father had died was starting to get to me and I felt like I was on the verge of tears as I grasped my head and looked at the floor of the ship.

"So, dead brother, huh?" Rocket questioned. "Yeah that can be annoying."

"Well, he's been dead before, but this time I think it really might be true." Thor said.

"And you said your sister and your dad?" Rocket asked.

"Both dead." I said, barely above a whisper.

"Still got a mom though?" The rabbit asked.

"Killed by a dark elf." I answered, remembering the day of our mother's death.

"A best friend?"

"Stabbed through the heart." Thor then answered.

Rocket paused as he took in what we had told him.

"Are you sure you're both up for this particular murder mission?" He then asked us.

Thor and I looked at each other.

"Absolutely. Rage, vengeance, anger, loss, regret... they're all tremendous motivators. They really clear the mind. So we're good to go." Thor said.

"Yeah, but this Thanos we're talking about... he's the toughest there is." Rocket reminded us.

"Well he's never fought us." I said.

"Yeah, he has." Rocket reminded us again.

"He's never fought us twice. And we're getting new weapons, don't forget." I added.

"Better be some weapons." Rocket muttered.

"You know, I'm 3000 years old. We've killed twice as many enemies as that, and every one would have rather killed us, but none succeeded. We're only alive because fate wants us alive. Thanos is the latest in a long line of idiots and he will be the latest to feel our vengeance. Fate wills it so." I rambled.

"And what if you're wrong?" Rocket questioned.

"If we're wrong then... what more could we lose?" Thor said as he returned to his seat, and I returned to my own.

"Okay. If fate does want you to kill that crapsack... you're gonna need more than one stupid eyeball." Rocket said as he handed Thor an object.

"What's this?" Thor asked.

"What's it look like? Some jerk lost a bet with me on on Contraxia." Rocket answered.

"He gave you his eye?" I questioned.