Chapter 21- Leaving Once Again

Warnings: Is probably going to be rather short.

2015, Earth.

No one's POV:

As Destiny and Tony continued to blast away at the core, Destiny could feel herself becoming weaker and her head aching but nevertheless, she did not stop.

"Thor, on my mark!" Tony exclaimed.

He and Destiny blasted at the core for a little longer. The Goddess' eyes glowed brighter and brighter with each passing second.

"Now!" Tony then exclaimed.

Up above, Thor slammed his hammer against the core. Tony and Destiny flew straight off the island. Once everyone landed inside the lifeboat, Destiny sat down in a corner and grabbed her head while closing her eyes. This time around, her headache was much worse than the previous one. Her vision flickered and she could constantly see the same thing she had seen earlier, not to mention the amount of power she had just used. She began breathing heavily, though she tried not to draw too much attention as she clawed at her head trying to get the pain to stop.

"Why is this happening?!" She mumbled.

After some time, Destiny passed out, and didn't wake up until the lifeboat had landed, several hours later.

***

Destiny, Thor, Steve and Tony walked through the new Avengers Compound, when Vision and Mjolnir had suddenly come into discussion.

"The rules have changed." Steve was saying.

"We're dealing with something new." Tony said.

"Well, the Vision's artificial intelligence." Steve named out.

"A machine." Tony clarified.

"So it doesn't count." Steve questioned.

"No. It's not like a person lifting the hammer." Tony stated.

"Right. Different rules for us." Steve went on.

"Nice guy, but artificial." Tony concluded.

"If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the mind stone. It's safe with the Vision. And these days, safe is in short supply." Thor said.

Destiny nodded.

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..." Steve began.

"It would still go up." Tony interrupted.

"Elevator's not worthy." Steve said.

"I'm going to miss these little talks of ours." Thor said as Destiny nodded again.

"Well, not if you don't leave." Tony replied.

"We have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. That's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. But once all these pieces are in position..." Destiny explained.

"Triple Yahtzee?" Tony asked.

Destiny looked at Tony, completely confused.

"You think you can find out what's coming?" Steve asked.

"We do. Besides this one, there's nothing that can't be explained." Thor said while patting Tony on the back.

The siblings took a few steps back and looked up at the sky, where the Bifrost quickly engulfed them, sending them back to Asgard.

A/N: As I said, this one is shorter than my other ones (for the most part) but oh well.

A/N: So sorry for the delay on this chapter. I've been dealing with a lot of school stuff and still have to do that so next chapter may or may not be for a while. Anyway hope you enjoyed this short chapter nevertheless and stick around for more. Peace out!

A/N 03/17/2023: I only made one small edit about her glowing eyes in this chapter, and I've come to the realization I need to get Disney+ back sooner or later so I can rewatch Thor: Love and Thunder a few times...