idiot - chaennie

a/n: chaennie warriors we shall rise

i always seemed to love the presence of park chaeyoung. eventhough i bully her all the time, call her an idiot— i just can't imagine not being with her at most times during the day.

i know there are times she gets hurt by my words, i see it on her face. how her eyebrows just don't flare up as they usually do, her lips form into a frown, and her eyes start to water just a wee bit. but never, never in my whole life have i seen park chaeyoung cry. perhaps i've seen her "cry" over her perfecting a math test or when she got called to be part of the school's gymnastics team, but you know what kind of crying i'm talking about. the one that you're shy about, the one where you try your hardest to cover your mouth just to silence all the crying.

that kind of cry is the kind i've never seen park chaeyoung do.

it's indeed a weird observation from me considering i've known her for... what, atleast 10 years now?

we met each other because of church. her mom and my mom were choirmates and both her and i just ended up together at most times during choir practice.

"jennie?" chaeyoung snaps me out of my trance, tugging at my sleeve as she points outside out of the car. she was driving and i was seated passenger.

"hm?" i hum as an answer as i look to where she was pointed. it was a gas station that had atleast three to four fast food restaurants.

"are you hungry?" i ask her, eventhough i already know what she's gonna say, "yeah."

"okay," she drives to the parking and as we stop and she turns off the engine, none of us go down. we stay there in silence, looking forward until chaeyoung just speaks.

"uhm," she coughs out, "i have a question."

i was just about to ask her what it was about until her facial expression just changes as if she changed her mind. "where do you wanna eat?" she asks and i just shrug, fully knowing that wasn't her first question in mind.

"anywhere you want, hubby." i call her with the nickname i gave her a few years back. i call her hubby and she calls me wifey. it's nothing special.

here's something chaeyoung doesn't know about me. i'll be taking up law for college. we recently just graduated high school and will then be moving away from each other for yeah, college. she'll be going back to australia and i'll be moving to florida.

i actually have no idea what she wants to be in the future. she briefly talks about being a solo artist but i'm not quite sure if that's what she really wants.

we got out of the car and started walking around the building to look for restaurants to eat at. rosie spots a japanese one which was full except for like one table with two seats. she tells me to hurry up as she grabs my hand and pratically runs to the front of the restaurant.

"for two please."

"right this way."

we get seated almost immediately and were then faced with menus so we can order. chaeyoung orders food for herself and i just tell the waiter i'll have what she has.

"are you sure?" chaeyoung questions, "i ordered alot of things."

i look back at the waiter to verify and he just nodded, "then i'll just get whatever main course she ordered."