✧ Chapter 1 ✧

The day started off just as any other day.

You woke up to an empty bed. Yes, you were married, however, your husband was never home. He'd go to work early, come home late, and in the few days he'd come home early, he'd just lock himself up in his office.

You felt lonely, however, you'd gotten used to it, to a point where it doesn't bother you anymore.
No one would have thought you'd end up married like this, because back in the college days, you two were the cutest couple.

He loved arts, but never had the courage to go against his parents will, so he studied law. You were independent, studied arts and had an undeniable talent in the kitchen which got you known as the "dream roomie "around the campus. But what captured his interest in you was indeed your talent for drawing.

You would sometimes go around the campus at night and paint on the walls. Heavily inspired by Monet and Van Gogh, you'd paint the most beautiful landscapes on the walls, something worthy of being in a museum.

He had seen your paintings all over and craved to know who had made such marvellous pieces of art. It wasn't until one day when he was going for a late night walk did he catch the artist red handed.

"Yah, it's you who has been doing this all over the campus!?"

You turned around, with panic written all over your face, thinking you are about to get scolded or punished. He thought those paintings were the most beautiful thing ever until he saw your face.

You can say the same about him, but at that moment your only thoughts were "Where should I run to?".

Faster than he could register, you threw some paint on his face and made a run for it, as fast as you could, to your bedroom.

-

You were panting hard when you got into the room; being your noisy self, you woke your roommate up.

"Y/N-ah, what did you do this time? I have lost count on how many times you have done something like this."

"Nothing, I did nothing out of the ordinary. Why would you think I did something?"

"Were you out painting the walls again?"

"Yeah, and I may or may not have been caught this time..."
"What?? Are you crazy!? How the fuck did that happen!?"

"I was distracted when I heard this guy talking to me, then I panicked threw some paint at him and ran here"

"Oh God... I think you might be more stupid than I initially thought. Was he cute at least?"

"What? No! What kind of question is that? I didn't have time to evaluate his looks. "

Your roommate just waits for you to answer. She is sure that the tinge of red in your cheeks was not because of only running.

"Ok, maybe, just maybe, there is a teeny tiny chance that he was handsome... but that doesn't change the fact that I'm in trouble!!" you continue.

"Relax, will ya? If he's cute, then he's not a snitch. Trust me!" Rose said, getting ready to sleep again.
You frown at her, and after overthinking for a while, you do the same.

-

Over the next few days, you saw that stranger many more times until one day you didn't have anywhere to run to when he approached you. What you were not expecting was for him to say that he was a big fan of your work and ask you out on a coffee date.

That date led to more dates, and soon you were boyfriend and girlfriend. You loved that he was kind and goofy, always fun to be around. He tried to serenade you with the saxophone once, but he ended up waking up the neighbours and had to leave before somebody killed him.

You were both fresh out of college, so when he proposed to you, once again with a serenade, only this time on the violin, and disturbing no one's sleep, you obviously said yes. He had everything, and you were head over heels in love with him.

All your friends and family said he was perfect for you, I mean he was stunningly handsome, kind, and on the right path to become a successful lawyer. Some even said he was father material.

You believed them, sometimes wondering how you were worthy of such a perfect man.

You were close to his family, especially his younger brother Jungkook, who is just thrilled to have another member come to his family, and the eminent possibility of having a baby nephew or niece.

It only took 2 years of marriage for everything to fall downhill.

He came home late, but you were quick to dismiss any theories, because he did work a lot as a lawyer. His other business partners, Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin, often complained about the same.

But it had been 2 years of staying late "at work ", 2 years of being cold towards you, and 2 years of coming home drunk smelling like someone else's perfume. You did nothing, because deep down you were in denial, but also because you thought you couldn't do any better. Despite the thought of divorce crossing your mind a million times, you feared what the future held for you. What if he was the only man ever capable of loving you, and by giving up on your marriage you'd be wasting the best opportunity of your life? You didn't want to take that risk.

Also, you didn't want to lose your relationship with his family, since you've grown attached to them, especially Jungkook, who often spends the night over, to make sure you are a little less lonely in the giant-ass mansion your husband insisted you two should get. Something that never made sense to you, since he doesn't even want kids...

Jungkook was a great person, often helping you cook dinner when he stayed over, or asking things like "Noona, do you need help?". You thought unlike his brother, Jungkook was sweet. Your husband, however, didn't think the same and would sometimes get jealous over the time you spent with his brother, saying things like "If you like him so much, you should have married him instead!". And maybe you should have never been married at all!

Being married is really a burden these days...

________________O__K_________________

First chapter of my first fanfiction ever, hope you enjoy!
Please vote and comment your thoughts! 💜