✧ Chapter 2 ✧

After waking up from bed, you proceeded with your regular routine. Took a shower, brushed your teeth, got dressed, combed your hair and went downstairs to have breakfast.

Breakfast was already prepared, since you had the housemaids cook it. Not that you didn't like cooking, but your husband insisted on having a personal chef. You felt like a humiliation to your family's name, since your mom spent well over 25 years making lunch early in the morning so your dad could take it to his office. In other terms, you felt useless. You knew you were an excellent cook, so you never understood Taehyung's reasoning behind that.

Yes, Taehyung was your husband. The initial 2 years, he was the sweetest. Still had weird requests like the personal chef thing, but he was still caring nonetheless. The issue is that after 4 years, he was not that guy anymore.

He never inquired about your day anymore, which you didn't mind, since you didn't feel like telling him what you do during the day as well.

That's another matter, he didn't want you to work. No job was worthy to his wife, he didn't want you to ever worry. That's why 2 years ago, when he stopped caring about you, you decided to call one of your closest friends and open a bakery/cafe together. It's not like he was going to ask anyway, and if he did, you could just pretend you weren't as involved in the business as you actually were.

You just had to be careful. Since it was the busiest, most popular cafe in the city, you didn't want to be identified. So you were always in the back, just baking and cooking stuff. You got to do what you loved. Besides, the walls of the cafe were adorned with your own paintings.

You did the decorating, and worked in the kitchen, while your friend was in charge of hiring people, marketing and the actual business part of things.

You finished eating breakfast and picked up your things to go to work.
Being a Monday morning, things were hectic! One of the busiest times of the week, since everyone wants a good cup of caffeine to wake up and recover from the weekend, or just requires some fresh pastry to sweeten their day.

As soon as you reached, you left to help your employees make more coffee, since that was the most requested, and then proceeded with the normal routine of baking.

Besides your friend and business aly, the only person who knew what you did in your available time was Jungkook, who you told once when you were drunk. But since that day, he visited you daily and always asked for the same thing: chocolate cake with strawberries and chocolate mousse on top, accompanied by a cappuccino.
He'd shown you his appreciation countless times, over this cafe, and how good you were at baking.
The day went by rather quickly, and it was almost closing hour. But, as you were cleaning and getting ready to close, a large group of tourists arrived. You sent your employees home, and took care of things, since you didn't need them to overwork. This made you to run a little later than usual.

But it's not like that mattered, cause when the day is over, you're greeted with a vacant house once again. If it weren't for the housemaids and the occasional visits from Jungkook, you would've gone insane alone.

Today, despite what you thought, was NOT a normal day, so you were truly astonished when you got home and saw Taehyung waiting for you in the living room, with his arms crossed. It was only 20:30, and he was already home.

"Where have you been until this hour?" He asked.

"You know, out doing stuff, visited a friend, went for coffee with JK, just a boring day"

"You met with Jungkookie again? God! When will he get a woman for himself and stop bothering everyone else's wife!?"

"Oh, shut up! Your brother is not a bother, and I enjoy the company, since you always leave me to rot alone"

"Again with this!? You know somebody has to work to pay off for our lifestyle, I don't have time." He said, but raising his voice this time

"I'm going to take a shower"

And with that, you left. Your arguments had grown pettier and worse with time. Why were you still in this marriage thing? Because you believed you could fix him. You believed your love was enough to reverse what the money, power and status had done to your once loving husband.

And as you step into the shower, you let the hot water wash away any thoughts and focus on the sensations of your body. You were feeling rather needy, and since your husband wasn't giving you his time or touch, you used your time in the shower to pleasure yourself and attend your needs.
You left the shower feeling much lighter and relaxed, got dressed and went down for dinner.

It was weird to eat facing your husband. You'd usually ask your Chef Wendy to stay and dine with you. You grew rather close and now you felt like you knew her kids, just by hearing her stories.

"You're not having dinner with us, Wendy?"

"Y/N, don't be ridiculous. Wendy, you are dismissed for today, you can go home now."

Wendy just thanked him and went home, leaving you both in an uncomfortable silence while you eat.

"So... How was your day?"

"Oh, you know... Just filled some paperwork and stuff, nothing interesting, why do you ask?"

"Just curious, that's all..."

"Y/N-ah?"

"Hmm?"

"So, I've been thinking, and I hired a driver for us, well, one for each of us, actually. You know, so we don't have to bother driving"

"Oh... there was no need. I enjoy driving."

"I've thoroughly searched, and I think you will enjoy the driver I hired for you. Now if you don't mind me, I am really tired, so I'm going to bed"

And with that he left, leaving you to finish dinner all by yourself. But you couldn't get your mind off what he just said. You knew this was just a way to control what you did every day, and you knew he was growing more suspicious than ever over your activities during the day. It was only a matter of time until he found out about your cafe, and made you drop it too, just like he did with everything else.

__________________♥_________________

Please remember this is just a work of fictional, and this depiction of Taehyung is not real.
With that being said, hope you enjoyed, comment what you think and vote! 💜