Chapter 8- A match won't hurt

In the room I hd woken up just over 6 hours ago, I equip the equipment Xex gave me. Although the ones before it were better no doubt, these didn't fall short of my needs. Dawning an all black trousers and shirt accompanied by a leather over coat that stretched downward in a sloped manner, it's tips about a few inches to my ankles and it's back side spilt along vertically with a hood.

I sit on the bed as I begin to think of how best this new form can be used. Sure the dracan form was overwhelmingly powerful, the stats on Viero were all in question marks so there's no knowing how strong he actually is. For all I know he could have been holding back on me for the thrill of the fight although the blood that trickled down his lips should say otherwise it's always best to overestimate your enemy, something I seemed not to have done too well earlier.

I brows through my inventory and I frown at my poor arsenal. With only the double bladed Nagitana, the animal furs, Lunar shield, Earth gauntlets, Royal scales(Xex's scales) and Zara's bow, a gift from the god of the hunt after freeing her, I had close to nothing except only a few fruits and water I have for cases of hunger. I wave away the menu and try to contact Helix, luckily the game had a mind inbuilt phone for calling friends to your discretion.

Not online huh, I water at the offline status that appears next to his name and close it. Isle of the broken. My thoughts drift back to my declaration of going there. The Isle is a place where all killed beings are sent, a place where there is nothing like good or evil, just survival.

This place creates the exact frame of any being that has been killed but is powerful as well is revived, the only down side is that if it is a hylink, they will not be able to play in those bodies as they would have been zombified to have a mind of their own, and for the beings there they couldn't leave the land. The place is like a cluster of different elemental lands ranging from lavaland to dark lands.

As a way of rewarding the brave souls who come there, even though none come back, the XP gained from defeating them is equivalent to that of beating them as a first time boss as well as being a storage center for most god items. God items are those seemingly extra powerful things that were supposedly used my the gods before Viero's uprising. These items oven thought spread throughout the normal continent of the land serve as mirror images for the real ones.

This means that once you pick up an item on the Isle that is a god item, it would be erased from its original hiding spot to you and vice versa. The game will find a way to account for the losses of any team that was going to raid a tunnel with these items although I'm not so clear on that. The only reason I know so much about this place is because I once had to chase down a resident who had information on Xex abode and hence didn't really care for adventuring in the island itself, after all I had a kitana made by a god for crying out loud.

But all that aside that I had imposed this idea obviously not to make the woman who is making me help her more powerful but to rather gain enough XP to reach Lev 500. Even though she may be a little bit of a set back she still managed to incapacitate a lesser drake without a scratch so she should be worth something after all.

A knock to the door pulls me out of my thoughts as I stand up, "Come in." Envisio enters the room in a wizards cloak and her staff in hand. "The rest of the council and I think you're in no position to say that I am weak, much less go to the Isle," she says giving me a once over before looking me steadily in the eye,"Do you have any reason for this basis?" She asks in a voice that would make one think of a judge.

"You need to Lev up, and quickly too. Thought the best way would be through the Isle," I say as take a step closer to her,"Fighting extreme bosses takes large preparation, why do that when you can kill someone who once sent you up a couple of levels up again and more for it. But if you don't believe me well I can fight a few of your men and even you," I say with a cocky grin on my face as I watch her composure crack under my words but my delight is soon demolished as a sheepish grin falls on her face,"Then in that case let's move to the battlefield, a couple of the council's best picks are waiting for you."