Chapter 25 - The reveal

Bryan's POV

Ring
The bell rings and the teacher excuses us, my legs bringing me to my feet and moving before the rest get up to their feet. I open the door and slip through pulling it to a close with the tips of my fingers. I rush to my locker, a calm but steadily pace as more students exit thier classes. I spot the twilight wolf and facepalm myself for making my locker like that but shrug because it looks worth it.

I open the lock and grab my helmet about to slam the door shut when I notice someone in the mirror. "Following me around isn't good you know, goldie might think you're gay" I sigh and turn around to face Sam who has his face in a grin that used to shine so long ago. "So what's with you and Joana?" He asks completely ignoring my earlier statement.

"Always were one go go straight to the point weren't you," I quip, closing and leaning on the locker. "When you've know someone as unstable as you you learn a few things." I roll my eyes at him calling me unstable,"Not my fault I get stereotyped as such," "Shame that you're constantly changing who you are, maybe one day you'll stop running." I look to my sides grateful that barely anyone is passing just a few taking or dropping something in their locker.

"Are you really going to give me a lecture?" His brow rises with a smirk and he chuckles lowly,"If it would have been useful yeah I would." I feel my own grin widen,"Just try not to hurt her if you don't really like her," he says his eyes carrying a great deal with them. "Who said I plan on that?" His gaze shifts and I let mine drop to a solemn look,"I won't hurt her, she'll be alright, she's just..." my words cut short not sure of how to end, his piercing gaze making me know how attentive he's paying attention,"...looking for the love she couldn't have, and I endure to give it to her."

His eyes shift somewhat before sighing and face palming himself,"Could you ever say something honest and sensible for once?" He says laughingly. My lips form into a pout and I look away from him,"But does she know?" His tone slightly serious. "Nah, let's just focus on our task, and you better get back to your work, I think I can handle the rest," me eyes still not meeting his. "I'll leave you to it then, good luck with whatever you and Vic have to talk about."

My eye pops open and fall on his grin, the familiarity May would fear,"Did you just bamboozle me!?" I half shout earning a chuckle form him,"Yes, yes you did," I turn my head to her voice, the short blonde glaring at me like there's no tomorrow. "I didn't ask you," "Well you still the answer so what the point," she says coming closer "It was an inside joke peanut brain," I growl Sam looking at us with a shaking head,"You'll keep shaking it till it falls off."

He dismisses me with his hand and rises to his full height,"Like I said good luck you two," he adds walking away like noting happened for him to get involved. I regain my posture, ignoring the words of a yapping girl to my right diagonally. "You said what?" I ask now paying attention to her. Her cheeks flare a brighter red than they were before in contrast to her ocean blue eyes. "What the hell were you ignoring me again?!" She half shouts and I shrug.

"I was saying what the hell was with ignoring me through class," "Didn't ask for your opinion?" I put the helmet between my body and my arm ,"You just asked me, ugh you're something," "I know I'm gorgeous," I add turning my face to her direction to see her give me an eye roll. "Hold up at least we could talk about what you said earlier." "Your best friend's my girlfriend she can tell you the rest if you want to know," I wave off to fingers and walk slowly onward.

A hard but not hard enough punch to my back causes me to spin forcefully, my hands almost making it to her neck. My fingers retreat back at her wide open eyes,"It's not about that, she'll tell me when she wants me to know," her voice distant and hurt but assured. "Now what the hells with you being him, although now that I think of it it makes some sense."