Chapter 42 - Mother Earth(part 1)

Elsewhere....

In a chamber where the highest leaders of the various tribes sat, their callous shouting could be hear through the thick walls that separated them form the tunnels.

They bickered uncontrollablely over the human who had just admitted to slaying Thier beloved king with no remorse or regret.

To kill him or to let him live and rectify his mistakes, the topic that had been tossed over ever since they left to make a plan.

"You must be out of your senses if you think we will let him parade through our land like he is welcome here," A dwarf with hair as firery as the orange blaze.

His Warhammer always strapped to his side in his General regalia, the heavy metal seaming to not even weigh him down even the slightest as he rapidly raises and then settles down.

"Try to understand that what has been done is done and if our King truly knew him shouldn't he rectify his mistake of keeping us here? After all he did free us now didn't he?"

The old and wise female dwarf, her white hair and and lack of a beard making her easily recognised than the other brutes of brown and red.

The general slams his hands on the table, the action sending a crack as the earth of it makes a dent for his fist to rest once more.

A high elder, powerful and wise who also lived through the times of their enslavement around twenty years ago, taps his fingers on the table.

Amid earth techniques it makes a sound like a clap, the gesture alone stopping the entire group of quarreling personnel.

"Would you all stop acting like little children and act like the grown and responsible adults you should be?" His aged voice breaks through shutting them up back to their civilized status.

"Grand elder, excuse my rudeness earlier, but how can we not act in such a manner when such a revelation has been made, even our people are divided if he is a saviour or a destroyer."

The rest of the group make light but clearly audible agreements on the many argument over this fact.

"I understand your heartache, but have you all not realised something particular amid your argument?" They all look at him perplexed by the serious and grief in his eyes.

He lets out a deep sigh, and turns to face the king, the only one who hasn't even said a word after the humans left, his visage of a man lost in thought as his fingers twirl his dark golden locks.

His mind so lost that he doesn't even notice the eyes on him, his royal robes and sword all waiting with eyes on him.

"Your highness, forgive us for our insolence and for not even asking how you have talken this." The words leave the mouth of the youngest leader, although quite old by human standards does not compare to those currently around him.

"It is alright Benehai," he finally utters after a moment of silence. His eyes return back from their lazy journey to the eyes of a stoic as he plans on the governing if his people.

Taking this as their cue to continue, they all wait for his next words, knowing that if nothing is added they will be free to ask or continue their banter.

"What is your take on this your highness?" The young lad asks being encouraged by his earlier bravery. Norhan let's out a heavy sigh, then a light chuckle as he rubs his templates.

"Nothing." He says simply as they all stare transfixed. "If he truly hast changed that much, there nothing we can do to stop him," he says with a smile, whether it is a pained or grateful one it is unknown to all.