Chapter 4 -Final Battle

My eyes flash open as I take in the scene around me. I open my menu, opening the friends, section to see if Helix is online. The memory of his punch flashes in my eyes as I remember just how much stronger he has become, because even with the games in built pain reducing feature as a sword through the stomach isn't something one can get up easily from, that still felt like one heck of a punch.

I open the tab, revealing the only name in my friends list is green indicating that he is online. I open the game map, the one my benefactor had made for me, and plan my route to the heart of darkness.... Valour realm of the fallen and home to the demon king.

I step out of the cave and I'm met with the sight of Helix sitting down in a meditating position, legs crossed and hands on knees. He gets up in a leap back flipping in the process as he stands up. "I am guessing it's time?" He asks eyes giving a steady gaze to hide whatever it is that he feels inside.

"Yeah it is. So I guess this is where our gaming lives end huh," I say as I equip my gear and my platinum kitana, the second best metal in this game, the first being extinct to be used. It's only after I had equipped my gear that I realise why Alion regards me as an assassin.

With a red scarf and a simple yet highly effective armour and pouches containing various potions in them. Not to mention the mask that is attached to my direwolf leather trousers with a fabric with ruins on it wrapped around my right leg right above my knee. "Never going to stop dressing like a ninja would you," Helix says as he stares at my transformed figure, even my hair had changed into a spiky mass, a revelation of my power being pushed to its peak, yeah I like dragon ball so I went with it.

It's funny how just seeing myself reminded me of how I came to be like this from how I leveled up indiscriminately even without a class and how I helped Helix become the powerful gamer he is now.

For years we had agreed to play solo from one another to strengthen ourselves and have nothing to hold us back, as a means of becoming stronger as fast as possible, not only would I challenge and defeat very tough bosses, but I also stole kills and this landed me hatred even though most couldn't identify me.

Because of that I had so many people sending assassin's to my direction, each one stronger than the last. I learnt many skills from them and as such, cloth designing as well thanks to my crafting ability. Helix on the other had didn't have it so.... simple.

He chose his class and was given a very powerful race, the canid as the beastman species as only three were placed out right and the other two in question marks hiding their identity. If you went for the question marked ones, you have to pick one from a random box of five containing a race, he was lucky to get this one.

He chose the class of assassin and quickly rose to the higher version of the class, a silent marauder, with the help of his animalistic features. He was growing, gaining power at a freightening pace, that is until he met the wrong people.

The game was designed to be highly realistic and so did not allow players to become over powered without due work, but they could only restrict leveling as some group of hackers made a forever changing black market. This was because the in-game coins could actually be traded into real life money even though you'd need a lot of it.

One of such traders tricked him into giving out all the levels it took him 2 years to acquire in exchange for a different class, something that caught his eye as you cannot change your class after you get one. In doing so he had more or less become a noob again loosing not only his level but also his skills. This made him an easy target as  there were very few beginners in Viero, the monster adorned grass-forest land, where the market was at the time.

The only skill he had was a passive that even though would look like waste wasn't so bad after the training I had made him go through. The skill allowed him to have 5% of 4 of the stats of his kill be it hylink or not. As such he stayed with me, only delivering the final blows and gaining the stats of the high level monsters and players I faced, how funny it was that he was doing to me what I did to others.