Chapter 44 - Fashionably late

Tori's POV

"Just try on this and then this and then this and then this and then-" "Enough I have seen enough dresses to be a princess," I cut Joana off as she damages through the clothes.

"Hunny when you're the one paying you get a say now go try em on," she says shooing me. Bad enough that she's paying but now she's using it as an excuse to torture me fashionably.

"But I can pay for one that won't get me your 'it must burn eye,'"I say remembering that look of horror she makes when I pull something off so bad she demands to set it ablaze.

I spin around showing her the dress as she discards it with her signature swiping motion. I let out a groan as I step back through the curtains.

"Knowing you and the fact that we are shopping for this on a Friday when a party is on Saturday no way you're in charge," she says dismissing me again.

I walk out in a green emerald dress actually looking how comfortable it feels. "Next," she says without batting an eye as she rummages through more clothes.

"But you didn't even look," I whine going back in again for the sixth time. I feel like she's doing this on purpose,"I could smell the bad look from here."

"Sure it wasn't that spicy dish you ordered?" I tease as she throws hanger at me which despite her good aim misses me hitting the curtain and dropping with a clang.

"Enough talk on my preferences ho change," she says like a mother and I chuckle at her. "Speaking of preferences,what are you going to do about our bad boy?"

She shots me a look, half surprised and somewhat interest but I can't fully make it out,"Well he did ask me in a pretty amazing way so at least I should truly be his date."

I nod stepping out with another grab on me. "Yeah you should, never know when you'll be doing him a favour," I say knowing if someone can help his tormented heart she should.

"Someone sounds like they've gotten closer to my boyfriend," she lays emphasis on the word as she looks at me with a sly look.

I turn around slowly for her to have a 360 look at me,"Yeah we've gotten close, maybe too close last night,"I say ending with a light chuckle as she covers he mouth.

She lets out a gasp and shoos me to go back inside and try another. "If you spent the night with him....I guess you'll be over Sam so its a win."

I roll my eyes at the one arguement we have from time to time,"But since you're going on a date with him I guess it's still a win," she adds saving her from me.

"And id it all goes wrong at least I will finally be over it," I admit finally. He's been the apple of my eye for so long, but I also know I can't force him into anything, if it goes down the drain I just hope we can stay friends.

"Yeah, just hope you don't end up going with B as a rebound," she says with a light smile. "Please as if he'll be lucky enough to get my rebound," Ow you know he will.

I shut the voice in my head knowing that no one deserves a rebound,"Cause no one deserves to be another person's rebound," I say, a slight look of guilt crossing her eyes.

"Except for if it's mutual of course," she shakes her head and bring back her warm smile,"It's okay, but this dress no way," she picks another one out and squeals.

"Lemme see it?" I ask not even bothering myself with the rest of the clothes. "Okay that's definitely squeal worthy."

Saturatay on Prom night...

Bryan's POV

"Do I really have to wear a tie May?" I whine as she close to strangles me with it. "Yes you do, now quit being such a baby," she says trying to fix my hair.