Chapter 29 - Jungle Jam (part 1)

A ghastly figure manunvers itself around us it's presence barely noticeable as it checks on all the forces making sure to take notice of all their items.

Envisio's POV

"You done with the inspection?" I ask as Bryan's, I mean Zoithan's, frame drops to the ground, "Yeah they have everything they need for the plan," his detached voice echos through the hull of the inner chamber of the war chamber.

"Okay let's go over the plan," I ask just to be sure we get this right, one little fluke in this will just lead to a one way slaughter should plan be be a lazy asshole.

"What afraid I'm going to bail on you in the unlikely even it fails?" His teasing voice at my discomfort.

"You're not known to be the most trustworthy, I mean you plan on sending my warriors I to a trap by sending the enemy a strategy that they plan on using."

"Are you also forgetting that they have a plan so that they escape from the trap and there will be almost no casualties on our side should everyone do as I tell them," his emotionless voice sends a ripple of fear through the rest of the council members. Stop being an emotionless brick it makes it hard to tell what you really mean.

With a sigh I close the scroll containing the details to our plan and set it to fire. "Master what's the need for that?" Sade a member of the council asks.

"If..no when we win there'll be no need for war, and no need for strategies," I voice out in a calm and resulting voice.

"Nice job convincing yourself," Zoithan's hot breath plays on the nape of my neck as he whispers into my ear. I keep myself checked not deviating my facial expression in anyway.

"Well then shall we go on, we have to be the ones who leave first," Zoithan in a sleepy voice and yawn states as he rises to his feet.

"Ow!" I punch him hard in the ribs and he whines before grinning at me,"Bet that hurt you more than it did to me," he teases and I roll my eyes at him,"Just know you have to not die so if your plan fails you have to defeat Abadon all ok your own."

Without looking at him I get up as the rest of the council does. "Stop grinning, your face is distracting and not in a good way," I scold the grining white haired boy behind me. I wonder how he'd look if his hair was withe in reality.

I hold the bridge of my nose and force myself to concentrate. Step by step I rise to the elevated platform, the multitude of battle hardened men and women standing like soldiers awaiting their command.

A hand lands itself on my shoulder, the surprise causing me to turn so quickly that I would have snapped my neck,"You're too tense let me, wouldn't want you to say something overly stupid as usual."

I don't even get enough time to decline his motion before he stands on the podium. "I know I'm not the motivational mantra you need to see and neither am I the person who you would want to see in a time like this," his words as unnecessary as they are calms the chattering that went on among the warriors.

"But I'm not filling in for your leader, no, instead I'm here to tell you that after today, you will be one giant step closer to achieve your goal, after today you will come back and see your brethren and even your leader drunk amd getting laid," that part stirred a little laughter as some few eyes landed on me.

"But most importantly, today you will have the battle of your lives, the battle that will push you to your limits and make you better than you ever could have dreamed of, today you will fight not as each other, bit as a unit, you will be fighting for your life,you will be fighting for the freedom of all of you, you will be fighting for the riches, you will fight, because it's the vision you seek." He stops letting the words sink in to everyone.