Chapter 22 - Big Day

Zoithan's POV

"We meet again indeed Hudsurm (Had - su-ram)," I say my eyes meeting the two empty wholes of his skull. "Who is he?" Vi half whispers forgetting our psychic link. "I am Hudsurm, apprentice to Grando and protege of Destro, but you may address me as Scrum," he says his body changing into a chair of blackness as he sits on it. I equip my bow and fire a holy arrow amd it pierces through him and the darkness leaving s small crater with in which is covered in seconds.

He looks at the now enclosed gap before grinning at me,"That's a dumb move coming from someone whose battled an eternal," he says with the that wicked grin still plastered on his face. Eternals which are basically gods who did not get to have the god title for some reason, him and Xex being the only two I have met. "It seems like it was all those years ago since you came here to kill someone and you asked me how to get more power," he says tapping his chin with his clawed nails reminiscing the past and walking to his sides.

"Its a shame that you'll have to die after getting the class," he adds and Vi keeps on wondering what he means and I tell her to focus. Mummies dig their way up the ground and I am forced to take a step back. Out of the earth, many arrive and a quick stats scan makes the blood rush out of my face, a pale expression left.

"Like them, I used your shadow to power them up," he says at the mummies who apparently having the same stats as me with no health bars. Vi rushes at one and sinks in a dagger and it implodes to sand but her hacking did nothing to get though wraps. I fire an arrow into one in the gaps and it pops in a gust of sand while one one it's wraps sending it flying back.

"_Aim for the gaps_," I advice and we commence our killing spree. I kick of the ground to get some leverage. The near ones to me raise their head and meet arrows through the tiny gaps if their eyes, three of them popping before tbe rest dodge. I land and one kicks me in the midriff with surprising speed and elbows my back before another kicks my face sending me back. I equip the lunar shield and make like captain America and throw it at them as it bounces our popping some.

I rush forward and take my nagitana and stab one in the chest raising it above my head and slamming it to the ground sending a shock wave that repels them and I fire arrows I them mid air as they pop. The smirk on my face is wiped off my sucker punch to my jaw and two dozen more mummies these ones seaming to have a fighting spirit. Knowing they'd be trouble and work I equip the shield and slam it to the ground.

Condenced thickness of black juts out of their shadows impaling and destroying them. I realise that even more keep on coming and I activate bumarang throwing it as it's spins and cuts then, it slicing and bounces off the wraps that it did not manage to sink into. At this rate we'll be exhausted and dead while shadow lord over there doesn't even have to join the fight.

"Hold 'em busy for me," I say to Vi as I sit down on the floor and feel my mana pulse through my system mixed with adrenaline,"_What are you going to do?_" she said more worried than concerned,"Something crazy," I jut back. I activate «Minds Eye» a skill that sends my focus and concentration to a different level although I would have to be stationary for it to work. Mind mind travels form various files of knowledge stored shin me, my blood rushing as I come closer to my target.

The wind around me coils into a ball sending debrief scattered here and there and I feel myself float, my mind goes into a space and I chase down a gleaming ribbon that zips around unstable and filled with energy. I feel His eyes on me and her thoughts and I near the ribbon, my fist clenching tightly and my head feeling like it's being cracked open like an egg.

Envisio's POV

I stare blankly at him, the remaining resurrected mummy's stoping in their steps as all eyes are fixed on him. I use this chance to make quick work of them with arrows although I know they will return soon. Zoithan whose hair is being tossed around by the wind in a rhythmic chaos, this baleful aura changing between a dark purple and bright red before settling on a deathly black aura.