Chapter 39 - Darkness

Bryan's POV

"School was soo tiering," I whine as we enter the house,"Easy for you to say also right through it," Tori barks as she sits on the couch.

"We both went through it and you look just as exhausted," I say dropping to a couch. "You know you're still a patient so you are bound to get tired early.

"Please I'm so fit and healthy that..." I tap my cheek unable to come up with something,"Out of lines to boast your ego already?" She asks with a lazy smirk.

"Whose's making dinner tonight?" I ask feeling slightly hungry,"I don't know but just order some take out, I'm too tired to cook," she whines.

"Aha so it is your turn," I say at how I had to be the one cooking yesterday instead of her,her appetite making me work more like I was feeding myself again.

"You up for Chinese?" She asks already taking out her phone,"Yeah sure as long as you're paying."

She rolls her eyes at me and I wave her off by turning on the TV. She gets up to her feet and walks away,"Where you going?"

"To my room to do homework and bath before the food arrives," she says from her shoulder. "If you want you could take a bath with me," I say wiggling my eyebrows.

"Mines closer to hop in," she says sarcastically as she closes her door.  I sigh and turn off the TV, swinging my helmet over my head.

I get up and walk onward to leave. My hand moves to the knob but I decide on something else. "You still dressed or are you gonna kick me out?"

She steps out her room the same as she went in, looking at me with a wide expression,"I was being sarcastic," "I know, just thought if you've been to my room might as well be in yours" I say with a shrug.

A look of hesitation crosses her eyes, a sigh escaping her lips as she walks away from the door, opening it wider for me to enter in. "Neat."

Her room as unexpected from her is well kept, her bed laid as everything had been packed quite nicely.

"Who would have thought you were so organised," I state dropping to her bed. "Get off my bed," she whines.

I spread myself on it, laying on my side as I look at her. "You know you like what you see," I say gesturing at myself.

She rolls her eyes at me before sitting on her desk. "So what are you planning on wearing to the prom dance?"

"Prom dance? Really?" She asks her question drawn to my forgetfulness sometimes. "You know what I meant, aren't you and Sam supposed to match ties or something?"

I kick off my shoes and move deeper into her bed, I notice a small fram on the side of her bed,"Well yes but it's not your business," she says turning her gaze.

"Plan on doing it last minute? You lazy or just not sure?" I ask moving closer to the picture,"Shut up, and now your turn to answer," she says with a slight tingle in her voice.

"This your family?" I ask looking at the picture of a white nerdy looking Tori, her parents faces squishing against hers,"Yeah...you know what you did, it really helps you know," she says sounding grateful again.

"Yeah well two birds one stone. Was this really you? You look so nerdy and boyish... heck you still are in a way," I burst of into a chuckle,"Give that back," she says trying to reach for it.

She manages to lay her fingers on my wrist but I pull hard in the opposite direction. Her body falls on to of me, such that we make and X. Her surprising light frame trying to wiggle it's way out with the picture.