Chapter 23 - Of course he'd ditch me

Victoria's POV

I walk around the school trying to remember why I left the class in the first place. Slowing down my pace  I rub the templates of my head with two fingers, the clicking of my heels against the floor helping me to think. I make a turn remembering where I was heading to. "Hey Simon," I call out to the brunette with an odd yet lovely pair of light purple, his signature sweater vest on dark jeans with his glasses and freckles. He sends me a smile and I nod rushing to the library with stacks of books.

I look back to his retreating figure as he inadvertently bumps into David, your a hundred and one percent normal dude, nice too. I fix my gaze back to my locker a few meters away. I sway myself to the side dodging the rest of the few moving student body. "Hey Vic," Cathy our school reporter and gossip queen calls me moving to her own locker. She reaches her's before me and I shoot a smile,"Hey black cat," I tease at her gothic look.

"Haven't you heard, blacks the new white," she replies her signature grin her dark amber eyes with her black hair framing her heart shaped face,"You sure it's not for some gossip," I retort holding my lock in my hands,"A reporter never reveals her secrets," she says taking out a canon camera from her locker with a small notepad. "Is that a new camera?" I ask my eyes possibly betraying the greed my voice hid. She doesn't seem to notice her eyes fixed on her camera and inner part of her locker.

"Yeah someone special got it for me," she says happiness obvious in her tone. I input the combination on my lock, a satisfying click coming out of it,"And is this special person Cal," i state more than ask of her boyfriend that she's been with for a while. Her cheeks turn a shade of pink and I chuckle at her frozen nature compared to her energetic blast of crazy. I pull  open the door and my eyes nearly drop out of my head.

"You okay?" She asks snapping out of her day dream. "I think someone just robbed me of my life," I exaggerate looking at the almost normal looking locker, the side with some pictures and art ideas and what not, the inside reserved for my books. Cathy takes a look into my locker and looks around,"Looks pretty normal to me," "That's the thing I had a Spanish project I've been working on for the past week put here, I knew Ms Rose would give us one so I planned ahead," I say rubbing my templates in frustration.

"Well I know I said reporters don't spill store time," she says her voice suddenly going into a low whisper,"I heard that there was going to be a sabotage by the hound, I guess it wasn't on themselves," she says, the hound refering to the pack of bitches and assholes of the mostly rich and arrogant who think they run the school. I let out a frustrated growl at those and especially knowing who's behind it. Clare the bitch Thompson.

"Speak of the devil and she shall appear," Cathy informs me and I realise that I had said the last part out lound. I calm myself down, regaining my composure before turning on my heel shocking myself that I didn't even fall,"I guess the beast has learnt how to dress normally," Clare snarls with a frown sizing me up and giving me a disgusted look.

"I'm glad you finally got something through that hollow head of yours," I shoot back the venom dripping from my words. Her entourage Samantha and Julia in their shorter than underwear demi skirts Bob their hips resting their left elbow on the palm of their right hand whipping their hair back with a scorn. "Fiesty, I'm glad you know you're an animal and you need to be put into your cage," she shoots her shot.

I roll my eyes at her, my eyes barely looking at her red blazer over a white crop top and dark knee ripped jeans, a Gucci purse by her side. "Came to take  gloat at me?" I ask sarcastically, I've got questions and I need answers. "You mean your failure, dear that's all on you," she says looking me straight in the eye. If there's one person I would want to be my height it's definitely her. "Sorry but I'm not taking a page form your book," I say referring to her grades that are lower than her standards.