Chapter 41 - Worms are the key

Zoithans POV

And here comes the penalty I groan as I rub my sore head and arm. Adjusting my eyes to the darkness of a somewhat abyss. My attention snaps back like someone waking from a cold bath.

Vi?! Vi?! I shout her name realizing she should have been in my arms. I look through the cave thinking that maybe she just logged in earlier or something. I close my eyes and let myself listen for any sound.

Activating decibel sight, I hear rapid beating of wings, the cacophony like that of a hundred insects. Luckily their sounds make waves of sound that bounce off the area showing me a blurred view of a large tunnel.

I open my eyes and look to my wounds realizing it had been bandaged with a dark cloth. A prompt brings my attention and I open it. The message sent from the game character I was told of, Eviro.

I read the message knowing very well there is a frown on the face of the other side and yet a light feeling of happiness. More time, I couldnt be any happier.

I walk over to a pile, the darkness making it too hard to see. I make a fireball in my hand illuminating the room with its purple glow.

My brows furrow at my pile of clothes that lay on the floor on a mat. I take them and dress up quickly as the equip option is unavailable for an instant dress up.

A sharp pain through my ribs sends a hand there, Pain reduction my foot I wince and move the sore parts of my body.

I stretch out and close my eyes once more, using the sound vibration to tell my way. I feel an insect very close to me and the sudden change causes me to open my eyes.

I guess that explains why she isnt here I look on at the numerous tunnels, all with circular walls. These must have been made by the worms. But even more intriguing is that there are lamps place around with fire flies.

I let out a sigh, and continue to use sound as my sight despite the well-lit area, a factor which is also degrading the ability. I stumble a little but dont fall and press on.

I search for sounds of any other living thing like maybe a human or something that breathes. Finally, I get a faint sound of a rushed heart beat leading to a cave on my left.

I follow the trail, my pace increasing over time. Final at the end of the never ending tunnel I spot a large door, a slight creak in it as no one stands guard, more lamps this time lighting up the place much more than the rest.

I listen one more time and hear the voices of hushed talking. I reach for a dagger at the side of my ankle hidden by my garments. I am so going to need this if shes tied up .

Knowing that the only good reason her heart beat increase is because the other heart beats around her hand a play in it I slide through the door quickly taking in the scene to find out targets and hostages as quickly as possible.

I face palm myself as I notice her talking to someone, although taller than her its no doubt who he is. So what got your panties in a twist? Thought you were dying or something I say looking at the bandage around around her head.

Well considering that you have more bandages on you I doubt youre the one to say, she says in her monotone voice. You look like you got most of the hit pretty bad, she says as I look around at the archers and warriors.

Bulky and covered in tough looking armor they all stand poised to fight, their weapons drawn while hidden in view. Considering Im the reason you got less of the bruises yeah I got it pretty bad.

The person she was talking to no doubt a dwarf although looking much taller than the rest. And forgive me, this is my partner Zoithan, she says turning away from the dwarf he looks more like a very wrinkled and battle hardened old man.