35. Emma

"Are you sure?" I nod. "Positive."
"Emma don't fuck me with me right now."

"I'm not messing with you." I laugh at his cursing and my lack thereof. "Move in with me." I say it again and he smiles. He smiles like a little boy on Christmas morning. "Finally!" He gushes and kisses me. He kisses me so deeply I feel like I will take flight. He pulls away after several moments and grabs my hand. "Come on," he pulls me to follow him out of the mall. "But we have to finish shopping for your parents anniversary present." I defend and he shakes his head. I watch as this man pulls me gently by my hand in a steady pace. Nothing but the back of his flannel in view and his LA baseball cap. "We will, after we fuck in the car."

Oh my.

15 minutes later.

"I've never made you come so fast before." I giggle as I watch him tuck himself away and button his jeans. I just so happened to be wearing a dress today, of all days. "Yeah well when there is mall security driving around the parking lot, romance isn't exactly what I was going for." He pushes his hair back and places his baseball cap back on, backwards. I laugh agreeing with him and we sit in the car catching our breath. "So what now?" I ask and he smirks. "Leave it to you to start planning already." I put my arms out in a large defensive motion. "Well! Someone has to!" He smiles pulling my hands into his. "I would love to get our own place together, how about that. We can go house hunting."

"Well maybe we should pick a-" I pause and he waits patiently. "House hunting?" He nods. "Let's buy a house." He replies quietly and I'm speechless. "Come on, I'm tired of renting. A mortgage is only a little bit more expensive and we own it. We've been doing sleepovers for over a year, it's time Em." He validates and I know it's time. A part of me is still hesitant. "What if-" he grabs my face and kisses me. He does this everytime I say 'what if,' it has become kind of our thing. "No what ifs." He challenges and I just sigh. "But," he kisses me silent again. "No buts, just do it." He let's go of my face and leaves the car. I look at him quizzically. "Come on I'm hungry." Well I guess that's the end of that conversation.

We ate at the food court, Chinese food. Picked out a gift for his parents. Brendon bought me a necklace to commemorate the day and we drove back to his apartment. We enter inside and make bee line for the couch, its Netflix and chill time. I would say there's no sex in the chill part but we always end up making out and sometimes it leads there.

Brendon is buttoning up his flannel and I pull my dress back in place. "You know, that's twice today." He laughs grabbing a beer. I sit up straight on the couch. "Yeah and?" I ask where he is going with this. "Nothing, I just feel special, it's a Wednesday." I laugh because what is going through this man's head. "Ok?" He comes back to the couch and hands me a water while he sips his beer. "I'm just saying." He shrugs and drinks more beer. "I can get use to this, with the rest of my life."

"No more beer for you, your talking crazy. First houses, now..," he raises his eyebrows. "Now what?" He smirks down at me and I blush. "I know what you're saying. You mentioned it a month ago, drunk I might add. And again you are drinking. What is with beer and m-" I pause and he sits. "Ma-" he teases. "You can say the word, it doesn't bite." I give him a look. "Marriage." He teases and I blush. "I'm not asking," he sips his beer and stares at me the whole time he does. "Good cause you know-"

"Marry me."

"Brendon!"

"I'm not asking, I'm telling. I'm telling you to marry me." He smiles.

"We just agreed to live together today and then you said to buy a house and now-" he raises his eyebrows and waits patiently for me to say it.

"Marriage." He helps me out quietly and I just shake my head, jaw hanging open as I stare at this crazy man sitting in front me. "We've only been dating for a year!" I exclaim, my voice gets very high pitched and he shakes his head, before sipping his beer again. "Its been at least 16 years, I stopped counting. I knew I wanted to marry you on that dance floor at Prom. And again when you left Josh for me. So I'm saying it again. Marry. Me." He sets his beer down on the coffee table and waits patiently.

"No." I mumble.

"Marry me Emma," he replies and I slap my knee. "No!"

"Emma, marry me." He smiles, beginning to laugh.

"No B!" I laugh too and he cups my face. "Emma Declan will you marry me?" He says against my lips.

Fine.

"Yes."