CHAPTER ONE

ANVI'S POV - 

I am so done with life, like literally done with it. I used to live in Dubai, very happily. We were not like very rich or anything, we were just a simple middle class family. I have grown up in Dubai and lived there for almost my whole life, but suddenly since like the past one year, our financial position went low. My dad's company was facing financial crisis, my mom many at times told my dad to look for a new job but he did not budge. One fine day, my dad come home very sad and upon asking him we came to know that the company my dad was working in went bankrupt. We had no option but to shift back to India, I agreed to this only if we do not go back and live in a joint family and if we don not go back to Gujrat, which was my state. My dad agreed to most of the conditions my sister and I lay because he know that it was his fault that he did  not listen to us and search for a new job. 

All these thoughts came to me on a flash back when we were in the cab going towards our new home from the airport. We are now moving to Chandigarh, my dad was searching for all the best option, and felt that the salary and facilities we will get if he takes the Chandigarh house will be the best, so here we are. We are going to live in Mohali in Chandigarh is what I know. 

We finally reached the apartments we were going to live in, it was like a society. The buildings here in this society are actually very posh, I was shocked because even in Dubai the building we used to live in was very old and without any facilities, so seeing that I will be living in a nice building did make me a little happy. 

Just before we entered the parking another car entered and a four people came out with one suitcase and went towards the lift. Our cab then stopped and we came out with our luggage, my dad went and got the house keys from the watchman and we went to the lift, the other family had already gone up by now. We entered the lift with our luggage and my dad pressed the , 24th floor  woah my mom is not going to be happy, because she has vertigo and doesn't like heights at all, but my dad, I and my sister do. 

When we reached up I saw the same family opening the door of their flat, my dad led us to the very next flat and opened the door. 

"Aap yahan par naye hain?" A lady who looked a little older than my mom asked us. 

"Ji haan, hum aaj hi shift ho rahe hai." My mom replied. 

"Mera naam Keart Gill hain, hum yeh wale flat main rehte hain." She said pointing to the flat right next to ours. 

"Oh, yeh humara flat hain." My mom said.

"So, we are neighbours now, agar apko koi madad chahiye to mujhe batana. Yeh mere husband Lakhwinder Gill hain, yeh meri beti Shahneel, aur yeh mera beta Shubman." She said, introducing her family. She seemed to be a very sweet and polite lady. 

"Main apna introduction karna toh bhool hi gayi, main Aksha Ayani hoon, aur yeh mere husband, Ikhil Ayani, yeh meri chotti beti, Risha aur yeh meri badi beti Anvi hai." My mom said introducing us. 

"Kyun na aaj aap humare ghar aajaye dinner ke liye, aap aaj hi yahan aaye ho aur hum sabh ek dusre ko jaan bhi lege." She said very politely. 

"Par aap bhi kahi bahar se aa raho ho kyunki woh suitcase?" my mom asked. 

"Nahi nahi, mera beta cricketer hain, uski tour khatam ho gayi thi aur doosri tour ke liye aur waqt hain isliye woh ghar aa gaya." She said. 

"Oh really, beta aap konsi team me khelte ho?" My dad asked arousing sudden interest listening to the word cricket, a typical Indian dad. 

"Indian cricket team main, actually maine odi's mein abhi abhi hi debut kiya hain, main pehle U19 main tha." that guy Shubhman replied, oh I guess I have heard his name or seen him somewhere, maybe on insta, he seems famous.

"Oh thats nice." My dad said. 

"Thik hain toh fir hum jaate hain, ghar ka bohot kaam baaki hain." My mom said. 

"Ha, main samajh sakti hoon, aap raat ko ghar zaroor ana par." She said and we all smiled at each other and left. 

As soon as we entered the home , I was shocked the house was really big. My dad then said, "So, this is the house, its a 3BHK flat, and 1 bedroom which is that side one is ours, the other two bedrooms are Risha's and Anvi's both of you go see the rooms and decide." Risha and I were really happy listening to this and went and hugged dad, we then checked the rooms and Risha chose the big room and I chose a small one, it wasnt exactly small but it was not as big as Risha's but my room had a really nice balcony view and I could make it really cozy. 

Slowly all the furniture started coming in and we took the responsibility of arranging our own rooms. I started unpacking the boxes in my room, and I saw my phone vibrating, it was Iya's message, I went to the balcony and saw that the other balconies of the house faced on the other direction than mine. I facetimed Iy and she picked it up. 

"Hey, so hows Chandigarh?" Iya chirped from the other line. 

"Hey, I dont know about that I slept in the car." I said and she started laughing. 

"Thats so much you, you sleep at wrong times like always." She said.

"Dude my flat is like so big, and I am getting my own room." I broke out the news to her.

"Are you serious? Your own room? Can I also move to  Chandigarh?" She asked. 

"Ya, come I will get company, and I am in Mohali to be more precise.' I said.

SHUBMAN'S POV -

I just came home right now, and after talking with my parents and Shahneel di for a while I went to my room and I am just chilling right now. We have some new neighbors and ma has called them over for dinner so she preparing for that. Meanwhile I went to my balcony and I was enjoying the view, which was the only reason I chose this room because the other balconies face on the other side. After standing there for a while, I turned to leave but I saw someone on the other balcony. It was our new neighbor's elder daughter I guess, it looked like she was face timing someone. 

"I dont even know how I am going to survive here, I am going to miss you all." I heard that girl, what was her name, Avni nah Anvi ya. 

"What chill Iya? You know leave everything, there I used to flaunt my Hindi, after coming here I feel that my Hindi is like so bad." Anvi again said, where is she from I wondered I tried listening to what the other person was also saying but I couldnt hear and I didnt want to seem like a stalker so I went back to the room and thought that I will ask her when they come home for dinner. 

ANVI'S POV - 

(TIME SKIP TO 7PM)

I am done with most of my room, it looks so pretty just like I wanted it to look like. I finished it faster than I actually expected to, I had put up all my paintings on the wall, I had even made a few quote canvases and showpieces when I was in Dubai and I arranged them all too. I wasnt getting a new bed or study table, because we didnt have the budget so we had all that was bought through cargo. I made my room as cozy as possible, I had a books corner where all my books were, I organised my study place, I made a photo wall where I stuck a few Polaroid type pics I had and made a collage, I wanted to print more high resolution pictures so I thought I will do that later, I had a few tiny things left so I went out to help my dad with the hall. 

It was already 8 pm now and my dad was yelling around the house, "Come on the Gills have invited us for dinner we cant be late come." 

"Chill daddy, we are here only and they live just next door it takes not even a second to reach their house." I said calming my dad down, meanwhile my mom came so I went and rang their bell while my mom locked the house door. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello! I am back with the first chapter of this book!!

I hope you like this chapter if you do then please vote and comment. 

This story will have like a lot of time skips, it could be in the same day or like a few years or months type. 

See you until next time...

ict_fanfics