CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

THE MATCH DAY (2 DAYS LATER)

It was the match day of the first India vs England ODI, today. Everyone looked quite excited for it but Anvi, she could not decide whether she should go for the match or not, she did not want to be in the dilemma of whom to support not knowing she was already stuck in that dilemma. 

"Anvi, come. Why are you not ready yet?" Tom asked while entering her room. 

"Mahn, I am feeling really tired and sick and all that." Anvi made up a really bad excuse. 

"You look fine to me, let me check your temperature." Tom said and touched her forehead to check whether she has any fever and her body was quite hot. 

"Anvi, you actually have fever." Tom said and Anvi was shocked on how her excuse turned out to be real. 

"Ya, are you sure?" Anvi asked. 

"Obviously Anvi." Tom said. 

"Then I am staying in the hotel, anyways even my hand is hurting." Anvi said. 

"Ya, that will be better because, I dont want you getting sick. But do not work or anything, just take rest." Tom ordered her. 

"Yes sir, and you spend your time with Marissa." Anvi teased. 

"The only reason I did not tell you about it." Tom sighed. 

"Anyways, we are leaving so bye." Tom said moving to the door of the room and opened it. 

Shubman also came out of his room meanwhile, and he saw Anvi but Anvi did not notice that yet. 

"Bye Tom, tell me how Mar-" she was going to say. 

"I am going to kill you." Tom said looking back. 

"Try it, English batsman, Tom Banton murders his best friend and pyschologist. I am the god when it comes to making headlines." Anvi said dramatically. 

"Oh please get lost." Tom said. 

"Ya ya just if you noticed you got out off my room and not the vice versa." Anvi said and Tom glared. 

"All the best." she said and got in, not noticing that Shubman was standing there all this while. Looking at this cute banter of Tom and Anvi, Shubman felt a pang of jealousy in his heart remembering how they used to have such banters but Iya's voice broke this chain of thoughts. 

"Shubh yaha ho tum? Jao niche Abhay wait kar raha hai." Iya said. 

"Ha ek minute." Shubman said but Iya dragged him down. 

Anvi felt better after talking to Tom, but in a while she actually started feeling low and drowsy. 

ANVI'S POV -

I dont know why, all of a sudden I am feeling very low and feverish. I guess Tom was right, I do have a fever, and all this over thinking is making matters worse. I really wanted to watch the match but I did not want to support him again and I still remember how he used to call me his lucky charm, whenever I used to be there for a match he used to end the match with a six and win. 

Why did you do that Maan? What did you get by hurting me? 

Because of you I had to cut ties with everyone, but I am not going to suffer anymore, not because of you atleast. I am not going to go away anymore, your presence does not affedt me anymore. Really Anvi it doesnt affect you? Are you serious? You live for him.. Not anymore, I need to have a life apart from him and is not even mines anymore, I have pushed him out of my life and I will push him out of my thoughts also.