Twelve

Friday, December 25, 2020
Briarwood Park
7:45 pm

"I have feelings for you Beyoncé, alright? And I have ever since you got back to town! That's it! You happy now?" Jay blurted out.

Beyoncé was shocked to say the least, and she didn't know what to say about his revelation.

"I'm sorry. God, I'm an idiot. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything," he said as he rubbed the back of his neck, something she noticed that he did when he was feeling nervous or vulnerable.

"You didn't. It's okay," she said before she kissed him to calm him down.

The kiss lasted a few seconds as they started to really get into it, but then realized that they were in public.

"I'm not uncomfortable, but I thought this was just sex. You know, just fun until we got back to our real lives. I didn't know that-," she started before Jay cut her off.

"Of course you did. I don't know why I ever thought that you would think of me like that. And why should you? I'm ten years older than you. You said it yourself. I'll never be the boyfriend. I'm just the guy that girls use when they want sex. I'm that for you and ever other girl. Move Beyoncé. I gotta go," Jay said to her, visibly upset.

"No Shawn. Just listen to me. I didn't mean that. I was just upset. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings, but that's not who you are. It's not true, and I don't see you that way," Beyoncé told him.

"Yes, it is, and that is what you think. It's basically what you said to Colin. You don't think I deserve you, but you thought that he did, so you tested him. But me, you just went ahead and slept with me because that's all you see me as," Jay explained angrily.

"Okay, first of all, don't compare yourself to Colin. You're nothing like him, and second of all, you couldn't be farther from the truth. I don't care about that you're 28. I wouldn't just sleep with anyone. I trust you, and I like you too, but how would we even work? I've gotta go back to Atlanta in a week or so, and you've gotta go back to Austin. I don't know how-," she said before he cut her off.

"Don't worry about all that. Just worry about you and me right now," Jay said before he kissed her.

"Okay, but if you liked me, why did you tell me to not to bring up the fact that we had sex the first time?" she asked him.

"Because you were already freaking out about it, so I thought it was best if I downplayed it," he told her.

"Yeah, okay. Why'd you want me to meet you? I've gotta get back soon. It's Christmas, and they want be back home," she told him.

"Oh, I got you something," he said.

"Shawn, you didn't have to get me anything," she said as he handed her a small box.

"Just open it," he replied.

She opened the box and saw a gold necklace.