39 | The General

A/N: Everyone, let's thank @Kate37187 for creating this wonderful drawing of Dakota Ky. I am completely floored that she did this for me, and I am forever grateful for the work that she put into it.

💫

💫

She pulled up to the thriving bar that night, already able to smell the alcohol from all the way outside the structure. Dozens of Coruscant civilians and off-duty clone troopers hung around in the area, enjoying themselves with icy beverages and smiles plastered on their faces. Music pulsed from the door, vibrating against her foot when she stepped off from the speeder and onto the sidewalk. She snaked her way through the pedestrians on the street, making sure that her hood remained up to conceal her identity.

The reason why she was there that evening was because earlier in the day, she had overheard Fives inviting Rex out to go drinking with him while the 501st were on break before their next mission. It never struck her that the Captain was a drinker, but she's only ever been exposed to the 'official' side of him. She reached the door of the bar, checking around to make sure that nobody recognized her. Through the glass, she spotted Kix chatting casually with Jesse and Tup at the bar.

Fives was standing with a handful of unfamiliar clones that were apart of the Coruscant guard. Her Captain was nowhere in sight. She wanted to get Fives' attention without approaching him. He was inside facing her, but too far away to actually be able to see her. She raised her hand up subtly and summoned the force, knocking the glass that he held out from his hand and sending it falling to the floor. His body froze as his eyes watched the glass tumble from his grasp, almost as if a ghost had done it. He stared at the puddle that was once his drink for a long time "I'll getchu anotha, brother!" The Clone he was with patted him drunkenly on the shoulder and stumbled away to the bar.

Fives looked up from the floor, not comprehending how his cup could have just removed itself from his hand like that. It's not like he was that drunk. As his brother walked away, he was once again in shock as a single shattered glass piece of his cup began to levitate an inch above the ground at his feet. Now he was convinced that a ghost was messing with him... or, a Jedi? His head snapped up, and that's when he spotted a hooded figure outside. She pulled her cloak down slightly to reveal her face, giving a small wave.

The ARC trooper scurried outside, hardly believing his eyes "G-General?"

She placed her pointer finger to her lips and motioned for him urgently to break away from the crowd of people. A few seconds later, they stood together at the edge of the sidewalk by the speeder lane "I wasn't sure how else to get your attention" she glanced around.

"You know, I had a feeling that a Jedi was messing with me" the soldier rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sorry" she said with a smile, raising her arms up in a shrug.