47 | Kidnapped

💫

💫

She rounded the column and emerged into the vast temple hallway while her green eyes scanned for anyone who just so happened to be out that night as well. All that she could see were the haunting rays of moonlight cutting in from the ceiling. An eerie silence plagued the hall, leaving her with a sense of uneasiness. The only sounds were her light footsteps against the marble floor.

Her feet carried her to the top of the grand staircase and she gazed down upon the wide foyer. It was all empty "hello?" she called out to the stillness, desperately wanting to find someone although solitude was always her preferred way of life.

Once she spoke, a second figure emerged from the darkness behind her. She turned immediately, spotting the shadowy figure who wore a long black cloak. As soon as their eyes locked, the shadow's blue saber ignited, radiating a deep blue that felt cold as it glowed against her skin.

Their cloak masked their identity. She pulled out her double saber in defense, sensing a deep hatred from within the dark figure. Her lips parted to speak to the figure, but that's when another pair of footsteps sounded to her left and she turned, hearing the click of a gun that pressed itself against the side of her head. The air left her chest.

Her eyes shot open instantly. Her body was levitating off from the floor as a result of her deep meditation which led to that odd daydream. She gently lowered back to the floor and remained with her legs crossed. None of what she had seen made the slightest sense. Was it a vision? A nightmare? Or a haunting reminder of Pong Krell? She ran her fingers lazily through her hair and stood up, giving her arms a good stretch.

A presence could be felt outside of her quarters. She went to the door and opened it before the Padawan was able to knock "come in, Ahsoka" she offered, meeting the Togruta.

"Master Kenobi sent me to get you. We're approaching the planet of Kiros" Ahsoka informed, not skipping a beat as she entered the room.

"How far out are we?"

"Twenty minutes"

"Hm... tea?" Dakota offered mid-conversation, already pouring two warm cups.

"Thank you" Ahsoka took her drink.

"I know that you're a bit anxious to get there" Dakota observed, taking her cup as she leaned against the side of the table.

"Those on Kiros are my people" Ahsoka shrugged her shoulders, then gazed down at her tea "I just want what's best for them... and I hope that they're alright"