43 | Umbara

A/N: So, I just watched the latest episode of The Clone Wars titled Shattered, and... I'm completely fine. Like totally, utterly, without a doubt, FINE. There are no words to describe how FINE I am.... No one ever talk to me again. 😢😄😟👌🏼😥

💫

💫

The crimson carpet of the senate building extended out in front of her, dropping down to the city in the glistening distance. Several politicians who worked at the building strolled the columns, speaking quietly, yet their whispers floated through the air in a subtle murmur. Following the Death Watch encounter on Theed the day before, all in attendance of the partisan banquet were informed to return to their home systems with haste.

Chancellor Palpatine, Senator Amidala and the others were brought back to Coruscant immediately. Dakota had made sure that their trip home was smooth and safe. The Chancellor was back in his office, preparing for the next senate meeting. He stood alone at the window behind his desk, his face turning into a frown. His plan was to keep her away from Umbara, which has now back fired.

She walked inside of the Senate building towards the main entrance, still frowning about her sisters words at the Naboo palace. Both of their moods could switch at the drop of a hat, which is certainly what makes them sisters. It was disappointing knowing that she had told her something very important, only to be yelling at one other an hour later. This is why I don't tell people things she grumbled inside of her mind, hugging her arms to her torso.

As she strolled towards the stairs, a lone figure popped up into view through the rays of sunlight "Anakin?" Dakota stopped dead in her tracks, forgetting everything that she was mulling over in her thoughts.

"Hey!" He waved "how was the banquet?"

"You're here?!" she waited for him to approach her "I'm assuming Umbara was a success then? I know the Umbaran's are quite ferocious so... I'm surprised that you're back so soon" she stopped in front of him.

"Well, actually the attack is still going on" he rubbed the back of his head.

"Huh?"

"The Chancellor requested my presence here" he motioned to the Senate building behind her "effective immediately. I arrived just this morning"

"If you're here, then, then what about the 501st? Is Rex leading them?"

"The council sent Master Krell to fill in until-"

"Krell" she whispered, her heart dropping from her chest. The skin on her face drew cold, leaving her bones feeling hollow. Everything in her view suddenly became very small and condensed as she thought of what this could possibly mean. Master Pong Krell had been put in charge of her battalion, leaving a pit of desperation in her gut.